est. per hourGXO Logistics • 12h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
est. per hourLowes Foods, LLC • 2d ago
Sustaining Engineer Manager - Full-time / Part-time
| Estimated Pay ||$49 per hour|
|Location||Statesville, North Carolina|
About this job
Sustaining Engineer Manager
Location: STATESVILLE, NC, United States
Job Family : Engineering
Job Type : Regular
Posted : Apr 21, 2023
Job ID: 40365
Parker Precision Fluidics (PPF) [www.parker.com/ppf], is a leading provider of miniature fluidic components and subsystems serving the medical, diagnostic and analytical instrumentation. Product technologies include miniature solenoid valves, proportional valves, multimedia valves, application-specific manifolds, pumps, and electronic pressure controllers.
Working at Parker
- Work alongside the brightest minds in the world, help develop innovative technology and products
- Engaging and supportive work environments
- When you succeed, you will be recognized for individual and team achievements
- Boundless potential for professional and personal growth
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription
- Wellness incentive
- Health screening benefit
- Health care flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- Long and short term disability
- Employee assistance Program
- Adoption assistance program
- Educational reimbursement
- EY financial planning
- Annual cash incentive plan
- Volunteer time off
- Generous vacation time
- Employee recognition program
Responsible to lead, manage, and provide technical direction to the Core Engineering team for a major product, design, system, or program. Defines plans, monitors and controls scope, costs, schedule and technical performance; coordinates the technical effort and establishes operational plans to accomplish program objectives.
- Define plans and monitor costs (non recurring and recurring), schedule and technical performance for a major product development and/or core engineering project or multiple projects.
- Implement on going project status reviews using project management tools and engineering systems, maintaining effort within defined scope, cost and schedule constraints.
- May act as a Control Account Manager (CAM) for projects applying Earned Value Management (EVM).
- Makes decisions on technical priorities or design alternatives for projects within the team's scope.
- Acts as the primary technical contact on team or project performance and as an advisor to engineering or business unit leadership.
- Represents the organization as the technical liaison in providing solutions to customer problems.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external customers and assure customer needs are identified and addressed.
- Implement and maintain consistent engineering practices, standards, and documentation procedures and reporting systems (e.g. implement Winovation; structured product development processes and gate reviews; engineering change flow down; knowledge databases).
- Takes appropriate steps to protect and safeguard Parker intellectual property.
- Develop and analyze the operating budget; projects and plans for future needs (e.g. workforce planning; introduction of new technologies).
- Monitor and manage conformance to contractual, schedule and cost performance elements.
- Provide cost input for business proposals.
- Manage technical project execution within budget and schedule constraints using project management processes and tools.
- Compile engineering cost and schedule data and identify opportunities for process improvements to reduce cost and/or schedule to improve engineering productivity.
- Provide feedback to the team on performance to engineering cost targets.
- Works with business development and program management to identify new business opportunities, present Parker product capabilities, and clarify customers' technical requirements.
- Identify and create technical training and development plans.
- Mentor or serve as a resource to share specialized knowledge with others.
- Maintain leadership and technical capabilities through continued education or training.
- Bachelor's degree (BS) (or Professional Engineer (PE) certificate) in engineering or a science technical discipline. Master's degree (MS or MBA) desired.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 5-7 years of related experience.
- Prior management/supervisory or core engineering responsibility of 2-3 years preferred.
- Has thorough knowledge of the technical engineering discipline or domain, and products or systems.
- Understands and is fully proficient with project management, engineering documentation requirements, and engineering analysis tools.
- Ability to apply knowledge of program management, the product development cycle, and understanding of cost accounting principles and methods (e.g. earned value management).
- Experience with program and design reviews and/or other customer requirements and industry practices.
- Ability to foster teamwork and inclusion with diverse groups of employees. Ability to guide and develop the team by providing challenging assignments and through effective coaching, feedback, recognition, and skill assessment and training.
- Thorough knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, policies, and compliance requirements.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present status, actions, recommendations, and other technical information with clarity and precision.
- Maintains open communication within the team and other business areas.
- Ability to respond to significant inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, or marketing/sales teams.
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. However, U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is required for certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export regulations.
("Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor")
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
In accordance with Parker's policies and applicable state laws, Parker provides for a drug-free workplace. Therefore, all applicants seeking employment with Parker will be subject to drug testing as a condition of employment.
Compare PayEstimated Pay