Verified per hourKelly Services • 3d ago
Staff Counsel Legal Intern (Hybrid) - Full-time / Part-time
|Location||Fort myers, Florida|
About this job
GEICO employs in-house litigation teams ("Staff Counsel") to expertly represent GEICO and insureds in first- and third-party cases. They help bring cases against our insureds and the company to a reasonable conclusion.
Our Staff Counsel is currently seeking a Part-Time or Full-Time Legal Intern interested in civil litigation to join our organization. Depending on applicant's progress towards juris doctorate degree, you may assist with investigations, research, memoranda, and project work; assist attorneys in their representation of GEICO and insureds in lawsuits and arbitrations; and/or assist attorneys in the drafting and preparation of documentation. Timing of internship is flexible based on progress towards juris doctorate degree.
Responsibilities in this role will include:
* Assisting in research for legal briefs, complaints, motions, affidavits, memoranda, and other legal documents
* Assisting attorneys with investigations in preparation for lawsuits and arbitrations
* Assisting attorneys with drafting pleading documents, motions and cross-motions, discovery responses and demands, subpoenas, and other legal correspondence
* Assisting attorneys in preparing for court and arbitration
* Must possess or be actively pursuing a juris doctorate degree
* Experience drafting pleadings is preferred
* Effective verbal and written communication
Intern will work on a hybrid basis and must be located within commutable distance from our Fort Myers office. Intern will work on-site as needed for onboarding and other key meetings. This internship is seasonal and the position is not available on a permanent basis.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.Part time