Product Quality Engineer - Full-time / Part-time
|Location||Burlington, North Carolina|
About this job
Honda Aero, Inc. in Burlington, NC is in search of a Product Quality Engineer who is responsible the activities associated with product quality and engineering activities related to in-house manufacturing, supplier supplied parts and overall part quality control. Assure compliance to design criteria, quality standards, and production requirements for parts and equipment used to manufacture aircraft engine components. Support new hardware and process development to ensure sufficient maturation and past problem prevention.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Product Quality Engineer:
Supplier support and in house manufacturing support for quality related activities. Review completed product final inspection sheets and special process documentation for acceptability.
Support of non-conforming part related investigations (NCMR) and review with engineering.
Corrective action and preventative action support both internal and with supply base.
Design Change investigation support for manufacturing and supplier related activities.
Review processes (Routers, FMEA, operation standards, process control sheets and all other control documentation) to ensure design requirements have been met.
Lead supplier audits (when certified) to AS9100 and specific customer requirements.
Job Related Specific Skills:
- Past problem history review and hard countermeasure incorporation to eliminate repeat problems.
- First Article Inspection review for both suppliers and in house manufacturing, NPI and change points.
- Design Change investigation support.
- Non-conforming material review and engineering support for all supplier and in house manufacturing.
Physical Requirements/Work Conditions
- Climate-controlled office environment.
- The performance of this position will require exposure to the manufacturing areas where personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields, hearing protection, and safety shoes are required.
- Less than 10% travel.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, etc) or related Associates degree with experience
- Three years experience in manufacturing quality role
- Computer skills Microsoft Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.