est. per hourTriStar NorthCrest Medical Center • 2h ago Just posted
Licensed Practical Nurse
| Estimated Pay ||$24 per hour|
About this job
Offering $6,000 Sign on Bonus
The Hospice Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for providing quality patient care and performing technical skilled care in the patient's home. This position assists home health aides in fulfilling their responsibilities.
- Observes, records and reports all observations of the patient's mental and physical care provided.
- Performs special procedures / treatments for which they have been instructed and supervised by an RN.
- Notifies the Patient Care Coordinator and/or physician immediately of any changes in patient's condition; documents changes in the clinical record.
- Meets periodically with the Patient Care Coordinator for the purpose of discussing nursing care, policies, and future planning.
- Functions as a link to helping the agency comply with the requirements of regulatory bodies.
- Participates as an IDT team member. Formulates the interdisciplinary care plan in conjunction with other IDT team members.
- When requested, assists home health aides in performance of their duties. Assists the physician or the RN in performing specialized procedures.
- Willing and able to accurately utilize any automated device required to document in the electronic medical record.
- Participates in on call according to rotating schedule.
- Must be licensed in the agency state of operation.
- Must have a complete knowledge of technical skills required in the performance of nursing procedures with at least one (1) year of nursing experience.
- Possess an understanding of the concepts of hospice care and his/her role as a member of an interdisciplinary care team