est. per hourAITC (Advanced IT Concepts) • 3h ago Just posted
- $18.00 to $19.00
Verified per hourCargill • 3d ago
Mechatronics Technician III - Annville Fulfillment Center (2nd Shift) - Full-time / Part-time
| Verified Pay ||$40.62 per hour|
About this job
Job Location: Annville, PA
Position Type: Hourly
Sign-On Bonus: $2500
Now hiring at Hershey's first digitally integrated facility: the Annville Fulfillment Center! The AFC is a non-union facility, specializing in the assortment bagging of Hershey's candy in a complex, high-speed environment. The brand new site began operations in 2021 and we are ready to grow our team of mechatronic technicians to continue the successful startup.
$40.62 per hour (with additional $1.00 shift premium for working on 2nd or 3rd shift)
$2500 Sign-On Bonus
* Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, & Vision)-Starting Day 1!
* 401(k) Retirement Plan - with generous company match
* Hershey Stock Purchase Program
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
* We require that you are flexible to work any shift, weekends, overtime, and holidays.
* Current hiring need for Mechatronics Tech III is on 2nd (Monday-Friday 2:30 pm - 10:30 pm).
* Schedule assignments upon hire are determined by plant needs.
* Regular schedule is 8-hour shifts, Mandatory overtime could be weekly (scheduled for up to 12 hours/day, Monday through Sunday), daily (additional 4 hours on your 8-hour shift) and weekends (8 to 12-hour shifts).
* Qualified applicants will be required to complete a written mechanical and electrical skills assessment.
* Those who successfully complete both the written mechanical and electrical skills assessment will be invited for an onsite interview.
* Post-Offer Drug Screen and Background Check required.
This role is an opportunity to join our maintenance team creating the future as we build and start-up Hershey's newest, state-of-the-art fulfillment center in Annville, PA. The facility will play a critical role in the company's strategic growth objectives leveraging advanced technology and expanding capabilities for customer growth. You'll work under the guidance of Hershey leadership and team-up with our 3PL partners to maintain and set the standards for equipment reliability throughout the facility. Come prepared to work hard and have fun starting up and maintaining this state-of-the-art facility. If you're passionate about creating the future, we would like to talk to you!
The Mechatronics Maintenance Technician III provides technical support for automated equipment in Hershey's Annville Fulfillment Center to ensure systems are running at peak efficiency with maximum uptime. The Technician works with Engineers, IT, and OT to install, troubleshoot, maintain, and repair mechanical/electrical systems.
Troubleshoot and Maintain Equipment
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate, and monitor electrical and mechanical automated systems with limited supervision
- Complete accurate, timely, and thorough job documentation according to Hershey protocols
- Read and interpret electrical schematics and mechanical diagrams, including complex automated system drawings
- Maintain continuous system operation by adjusting, repairing, replacing, or modifying automation/robotic system components
- Maintain software, documentation, and equipment to the latest revision or operational specifications
- Monitors automated system machine performance checking for trends and potential issues. Respond to machine alarms as they occur. Troubleshoot and identify the root cause and correct as needed
- Collaborate with external suppliers in support of repairs and upgrades
- Cross-train peers to follow optimal process procedures
- Update system manuals and maintenance & operating procedures
- Working safely should be a priority and teaching those good habits to your peers is a requirement
- Serve as the Hershey Maintenance representative on the production floor, communicating with Hershey and third-party leadership to maximize machine uptime and reduce process related issues
- Propose and implement appropriate, timely, cost-effective corrective actions and continuous process improvements. Validate the effectiveness of changes through KPI monitoring
- Work with Reliability Leads, Controls Specialists and Engineers to fine tune the facility for maximum efficiency
Maintenance Systems and Procedures
- Utilize the SAP system to create maintenance work requests, verify equipment parts, assign time and materials to work orders and complete any outstanding tasks assigned in the system.
- Accountable for supporting continuous improvement efforts, including defect handling and breakdown elimination (root cause analysis), while supporting equipment centerline and autonomous maintenance activities.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Demonstrates basic levels of expertise in several types of manufacturing equipment and related operations (Packaging, Systems Controls, Mechanical/Electrical)
- Previous experience maintaining and repairing robotics and production equipment
- Must be able to read, accurately comprehend/interpret and follow instructions, and have a basic understanding of blueprints schematics, and test plans furnished in written, digital/electronic, or diagram form
- Solid math and reasoning skills to prepare, compile and validate data/reports
- Basic ability to interpret data, evaluate metrics, and apply appropriate problem-analysis or problem-solving techniques to accurately assess a technical production issue.
- Proficiency with personal computers, Microsoft Office, and related software and systems
- Willing to learn new systems, techniques, and technologies
- Ability to troubleshoot electrically down to PLC and board-level logic to diagnose issues is preferred
- Familiarity with sanitary maintenance practices and design
- Must achieve a passing score on both a written mechanical skills assessment and a written electrical skills assessment.
- Strong analytical mindset
- Strong knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC products including Studio 5000 software experience preferred
- Strong troubleshooting capabilities electrically and mechanically
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Good hand eye coordination
- Focused on maintaining food safety and excellent product quality
- Strong ability to follow directions
- Strong ability to work independently, in a group environment
- Good interpersonal team skills
- Good written and communication skills
- Ability to understand and adhere to product specifications
- Ability and willingness to train and assist new team members
- Perform other duties as directed as assigned
- Must be able to stand, walk, crawl, squat/crouch, twist, bend grasp, and lift up to 25 pounds
- Must regularly possess manual/finger/hand dexterity to handle, manipulate, control, feel and adjust objects to put parts or pieces together quickly and accurately; sufficient hand strength is required to be able to effectively operate hand tools
- Must be able to occasionally lift/maneuver/move objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds with a team
- Work performed in a climate-controlled food manufacturing facility
- A Safety-first culture where using the proper Lockout-Tagout (LOTO) methods/procedures is required
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) are required to include but not limited to safety shoes, ear plugs, safety glasses/goggles, bump camps, hair and beard nets, and gloves
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associates Degree or Technical Certificate in Industrial Systems Technology, Industrial Mechatronics preferred. Minimum of 5+ years of mechatronics experience required in lieu of a degree
- 5+ years of experience in a high-speed, complex manufacturing or military environment is preferred
- 5+ years of prior maintenance experience is required
- Food manufacturing experience is a plus
- Prior SAP experience is a plus
- Requires successful completion of pre-employment skills assessments