est. per hourECHN • 3d ago Urgently hiring
est. per hourKids in Need of Defense (KIND) • 7h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
est. per hourECHN • 3d ago Urgently hiring
Hospice Area Executive of Clinical Operations
| Verified Pay ||$95000 - $190000 / year|
About this job
The Hospice Area Executive of Clinical Operations is responsible for modeling the 3 Company values of Compassion, Integrity, and Excellence, and for promoting the Compassus philosophy, using the 6 Pillars of success as the foundation. S/he is responsible for upholding the Code of Ethical Conduct and for promoting positive working relationships within the Company, among all departments, and all external stakeholders. The Hospice Area Executive of Clinical Operations is responsible for the overall planning, directing, organizing, staffing, monitoring and reporting on, all patient care activities operating within the philosophy, mission and budget capabilities of the hospice program. The Hospice Area Executive of Clinical Operations has responsibility and oversight to ensure high quality delivery of patient services and compliance within the Conditions of Participation for the Medicare Hospice Benefit and State Hospice benefit as directed by Compassus organizational mission, policy and procedure. S/he is responsible for applying the rules and regulations of state and federal regulatory agencies and other certified agencies.
Position Specific Responsibilities
- Maintains full responsibility for all day-to-day functions related to patient/family care services and any/all issues related to assuring high care quality, services monitoring, services documentation thereof and maximum utilization of all care related resources and related costs through program-level Hospice Directors of Clinical Services.
- Maintains oversight and visibility as evidenced by onsite location visits weekly and documentation of onsite validation reports monthly.
- Responsible for managing the "Big 5" of programs in assigned area: pharmacy, medical supplies, durable medical equipment, mileage and labor.
- Owner of Pre-Bill compliance and unbilled outcomes.
- Ensures that Hospice Directors of Clinical Services are monitoring and maintaining adequate care staffing as is required to appropriately meet patient/family service needs and works with their Regional Vice President to ensure information about program needs and outcomes are communicated for budgetary and planning purposes.
- Ensures that productivity and performance standards are being met by all disciplines, by working closely with and through the supervising Hospice Director(s) of Clinical Services) and assuring that those standards are in compliance with current job descriptions and monitored and recorded through timely annual appraisals.
- Ensures that all Conditions of Participation, regulatory standards and Standards of Care are being met, as per corporate policy and procedure and reporting variances or concerns to the program director in a timely manner.
- Ensures that any/all care staff orientation/education requirements are met by working closely with and through the supervising Hospice Director(s) of Clinical Services, corporate education coordinator and corporate clinical services department, reporting variances or concerns to the Regional Vice President in a timely manner.
- Ensures that appropriate levels of care/service are applied appropriately, is regularly monitored and is adjusted by current acuity for all hospice patients, by working closely with and through the supervising Hospice Director(s) of Clinical Services reporting variances or concerns to the Regional Vice President in a timely manner.
- Regularly participates in internal and external hospice care related education programs, as is necessary to assure positive vendor/physician relations, educational requirements, regulatory compliance and as may be directed by the Regional Vice President.
- Functions as an effective, positive and supportive senior member of the hospice management team. Coordinates closely with the Hospice Area Market Executive to set a clear, consistent, positive, professional and empowering example of professional management for the Hospice Director(s) of Clinical Services and staff to model expectations Intentional visits and maintains positive relationships with, contracted facilities/vendors to praise (when appropriate), problem solve (when appropriate) and assures positive lines of open communications are open and available, reporting variances or concerns to the Hospice Area Market Executive in order to co-create solutions while keeping the Regional Vice President fully appraised of those visits, outcomes and relationships in a timely manner.
- Coordinates, monitors and reviews activities and performance of all contracted, patient related, ancillary services (pharmacy, DME, lab, therapies, etc.). Serves as the program's primary liaison to ancillary vendors, reporting service variances or concerns to the Hospice Regional Executive of Clinical Operations in a timely manner.
- Recruits, hires, orients, supervises, coaches, and is responsible for the professional development of Hospice Director(s) of Clinical Services, with pre-hire approval from Regional Vice President.
- Has the primary responsibility for budgetary compliance with all patient/family services related expenses and for any patient/family services related budgetary projections.
- Assures the appropriate delegation, training, coordination and monitoring for the daily supervision and oversight of all compliance and documentation requirements inclusive of teammate appraisals, admission documentation and budget preparation/reporting.
- Assures that the highest standards of hospice care are met and that all vendor/physician interactions are timely, accurate, complete and positive.
- Works closely with the Hospice Regional Executive of Clinical Outcomes and the Director of Quality Outcomes to assure clinical excellence outcomes in all locations.
- Works closely with the Hospice Area Market Executive to plan, manage and monitor all hospice expenditures in a fiscally responsible manner in accordance with the program's budget.
- Works in collaboration with the Hospice Area Market Executive to ensure that all patient and customer service level agreements are met or exceeded, and all variances are identified and remedied.
- Directly supervises five to ten teammates . Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training teammates ; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining teammates ; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Oversight of compliance of 5% volunteer hours per program
- Manages palliative care program in area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- ASN or BSN strongly preferred.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of leadership and nursing experience in hospice or healthcare strongly preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from leaders, colleagues, investors, and external parties. Strong written and verbal communications.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Articulates and embraces hospice philosophy. Thorough understanding of the Medicare Regulations for Hospice. Thorough knowledge and understanding of the functions of a hospice organization. Competency in general nursing theory, techniques and practice. Professionalism, sound judgment and effective communications skills are required. High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information such as patient records. Possess strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills. Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights and weekends. Role requires 50% travel across the United States including all time zones and weather conditions.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
- Active and unencumbered Registered Nurse license in state of employment, in addition to every state in the Area this role will be covering, highly preferred but not required.
- Current CPR certification required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a colleague to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk and hear. The colleague frequently is required to stand, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The colleague is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The colleague must frequently lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. There will be possible exposure to infectious diseases through working with clinical caregivers. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
At Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, diversity, equity, and inclusion are fundamental to our Pillars of Success. We are committed to creating a fair work environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, highly valued, and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Estimated salary range $95000 - $190000 / year. Actual salary will vary by geographic location and experience.