est. per hourProMedica • 30d ago Urgently hiring
- $79778 - $89750
Verified per yearAscension At Home - Together With Compassus • 12h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
est. per hourProMedica • 3d ago Urgently hiring
Registered Nurse (RN)
| Estimated Pay ||$23 per hour|
|Location||Dearborn heights, Michigan|
About this job
***$10,000 Sign-On Bonus***
Under the supervision of the Unit Manager, Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) and/or Director of Nursing (DON), the Registered Nurse (RN) assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of residents for or a shift of duty. Nursing care is provided through assessment, implementations, and evaluation of the plan of care. The RN adheres to the standards of care for the area, manages the environment to maintain resident safety, and supervises the resident care activity performance by nursing assistants and staff. Follows all Villa’s policies and procedures. Performs duties as defined by the State Nurse Practice Act. Follows where applicable JCAHO standards.
· Makes frequent rounds to note resident conditions and to ensure nursing personnel are performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards.
· Provides licensed care to assigned residents as ordered by physician and in accordance with facility, federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations
· Provides and receives nursing reports upon reporting in and ending shift duty hours.
· Ensures assigned work area (i.e. nurse station, med. Cart, medication room, etc.), resident care rooms and treatment areas are maintained in a clean and sanitary manner.
· Monitors nursing supplies and orders as needed.
· Attends regularly conducted staff meetings as scheduled by the Director of Nursing/Unit Manager.
· Directs and supervises the day-to-day certified nursing assistant services for assigned unit to assure that care is being rendered in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations.
· Provides required resident assessments/observations and interventions.
· Reviews care plans, at least daily, to ensure appropriate care.
· Appraises the DON / ADON / Unit Manager of resident status changes in condition.
· Informs physician of resident change of condition.
· Takes and records residents blood pressure and vital signs.
· Administers catheter care as to residents as required (may include catheter insertion).
· Administers IV therapy to residents as ordered within license limitations.
· Provides respiratory care, e.g. oxygen, nebulizer treatments.
· Assists the physician in therapeutic measures, as needed.
· Receives and transcribes physician’s orders to resident’s charts, Kardex/Care Medication Administration Record (“MAR”), treatment/care plans, as required.
· Prepares and administers medications and performs treatments as ordered by the physician.
· Charts nurses notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided as
well as the resident’s response to the care.
· Documents all pertinent data as required by Medicare, Medicaid, Villa standards and policies.
· Completes the required forms upon admission, transfer, and/or discharge.
· Counts all controlled drugs with other nurse at shift change and notifies the DON / Unit Manager of all drug and narcotic discrepancies noted on your shift.
· Keeps medication room and medication cart locked according to regulations. Responsible for security of keys.
· Ensures that crash cart is appropriately stocked and in good repair.
· Ensures the resident’s environment is as free from accidents and hazards. Immediately corrects/addresses potential safety risks as prudent and warranted.
· Keeps medication room and medication cart clean and orderly.
· Directs the day-to-day functions of the certified nursing assistants in accordance with current rules, regulations and guidelines that govern long-term care facilities.
· Closely monitors and supervises all facility residents per facility policies and as warranted by good nursing judgment.
· Coordinate overall resident care issues per nursing license, facility policy and as warranted to meet resident needs.
· Makes written and oral reports/recommendations concerning the activities of shift as required.
· Monitors and directs non-licensed ancillary services as deemed necessary to meet professional standards and maintain the highest practicable level of resident care
· Communicate/report information to residents, resident families, physicians, guardians, governmental agencies, and facility personnel as required by facility policy and State/Federal guidelines.
· Ensures that all aspects of resident care plans are implemented and maintained. Make recommendations for care plan changes to the IDT per professional standards.
· Ensures that all personnel providing care to residents are providing such care in accordance with the resident’s care plan and wishes.
· Admits, transfers and/or discharges residents as necessary to meet the resident’s individual needs and maintains the overall safety of other residents, staff and visitors.
· Ensures compliance with infection control standards. Immediately corrects/addresses identified instances of non-compliance.
· Participates in the Interdisciplinary Plan of Care (“IPOC”) process as assigned.
· Attends and participates in in-service classes, performance improvement (“PI”) committees, continuing education in-service programs and other meetings as assigned.
· 10% Travel as needed.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Gracious and welcoming personality for customer service interaction.
· Ability to multi-task and remain calm under stress.
· Analytical and problem-solving skills.
· The ability to understand process development and improvement.
· Ability to organize and prioritize work.
· Maintains Villa dress code and hygiene policies.
· Ensures all elements of the Villa Abuse Policy are maintained and enforced.
· Resident Rights
· Knows the Resident Rights and helps resident understand and exercise their rights.
· Reports resident concerns, complaints, comments to appropriate Administrative personnel.
· Maintains confidentiality of all resident information.
· Knows and follows Villa Center Rules.
· Demonstrates proper use of equipment. Reports equipment needs or repairs.
· Follows facility smoking policy.
· Reports and follows appropriate protocol to report any accidents/incidents of residents, staff or visitors to the appropriate Administrative personnel.
· Reports any hazardous conditions/equipment.
· Understands any Disaster Plans.
· Understands and follows infection control standards, policies and procedures.
· Follows and adheres to Villa’s policies and procedures regarding HIPAA compliance.
· Ensures integrity and confidentiality of all resident financial data.
· Reports all suspected violations of company’s HIPAA policies and procedures to appropriate Administrative personnel.
· Responsible, attentive, knowledgeable and provides high quality care to residents.
· Must be able to adapt to a flexible work schedule and occasional overnight travel.
· Ability to relate positively, effectively, and appropriately with residents, families, community members, volunteers and other facility staff.
· Possess special interest in, and a positive attitude about, working with short and long-term care residents and the elderly.
· Be able to effectively communicate with a diverse range of audiences and settings: properly handle emotional situations, manage resources to accomplish resident care objectives, assess operational, staffing, and fiscal needs, analyze complex written documents, and work long and irregular hours.
· Ability to read, writes, speak, and understand English.
· Meets all health requirements, as required by law.
· Demonstrate basic computer knowledge and ability with an aptitude to learn company applications. Microsoft Office version 1997, 2000 or XP, MS Word, MS Access, MS Excel, E-mail, Outlook, Internet Explorer.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
· Nursing Degree or diploma from an accredited College or University.
· Possess a current license to practice in the State as a Registered Nurse.
· 1 year of experience preferred.
· Long-Term care experience preferred.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Walking, reaching, bending, lifting, extended sitting, grasping, fine hand coordination, pushing and pulling, ability to distinguish smells and temperatures, all with or without the aid of mechanical devices is required.
· Limited potential for exposure to environmental hazards. Understanding and adherence to company safety standards and protocols required.
· Meet all health requirements as needed.
· Dialogue concerning ADA reasonable accommodations are always available upon request – i.e.
the interactive process.
SHARED CODE OF CONDUCT:
B.E.T.T.E.R. is Villa's Service Excellence Code of Conduct. Becoming a member of the Villa Team includes upholding Villa’s B.E.T.T.E.R. standards every day: Be Welcoming To All, Establish a Relationship, Trust & Respect, Teamwork, Engage & Communicate & Recognize.
This description has been prepared to assist individual VILLA Facilities in evaluating various classes of responsibilities, skills, and working conditions. Facilities are independent Limited Liability Companies are free to amend or promulgate other guidelines. This job description indicates the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of positions given this classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be construed to create or constitute a contract of employment or establish employment at will between any employee or group of employees and the facility. The facility retains and reserves any and all rights to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper.
Villa Facilities are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate based on any protected right such as race, color, nationality, gender age, disability or any protected applicable right under the National Labor Relations Act.