est. per hourLevy • 30d ago
est. per hourLevy • 30d ago
est. per hourRestaurant Depot • 30d ago
- $17 - $19
Verified per hourJack in the Box, an independently owned and operated franchise • 11h ago Just posted
Business Development Manager - Diversity, Equity & Inclusion - Full-time / Part-time
| Estimated Pay ||$82 per hour|
|Location||Los angeles, California|
About this job
Cooley is seeking a Business Development Manager - Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, to join the Marketing & Business Development team.
Position summary: Under the supervision of the Senior Business Development Manager, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, the Business Development Manager - Diversity, Equity & Inclusion is responsible for supporting the development, implementation and administration of the firm's strategic DEI-driven business development initiatives. Based in the firm's marketing and business development department, and working with DEI and client service functions, this position will focus on supporting the growth of Cooley's diverse executive networks, as well as driving key initiatives and partnerships that increase funding opportunities for underrepresented entrepreneurs and diversity at the board level and in the C-Suite.
This position, which has an external title of Vice President, Business Development, requires an ambitious individual to focus on five key areas: (1) developing new client relationships, both with emerging companies and more mature growth oriented companies, as well as with key venture funds; (2) retaining existing clients; (3) identifying, managing and maximizing external partnerships that contribute to strategic DEI-driven BD goals; (4) raising Cooley's profile amongst key influencers; and (5) working with the senior manager of business development and DEI to set ambitious programmatic goals and ensure ongoing dialogue and collaboration.
Business development and client engagement:
- Formulate and execute on targeting initiatives consistent with the firm's DEI-drive BD strategy and goals. Research, assess and pursue a desired subset of companiesto include, but not be limited to, likely IPO candidates, high growth companies and cross selling of existing clients.
- Develop and maintain a targeting list for venture funds and build strong relationships with key fund personnel
- Maintain an up-to-date lead sheet of high quality privately held companies to provide as deal flow to venture capitalists, private equity investors, angles and select service providers. Customize this list quarterly for deal flow meetings with priority funds
- Cultivate relationships with decision makers at prospective clients; pre-qualify the prospects, introduce to appropriate attorney teams, prepare necessary materials and participate in pitches
- Manage service provider referrals by assembling and maintaining a list of professional services "friends" in the ecosystem for collaboration and referrals and plan regular lead share meetings
- In coordination with the firm's marketing and business development team, drive initiatives that add value and deepen client relationships, including company award nominations, executive resumes / hiring referrals, promoting clients on social media and connections to investment capital, accelerators and other business advisors
- Present focus as a strategic business partner to successfully lead teams to drive DEI of clients and prospects in lead generation
- In close collaboration with senior business development manager - diversity, work with practice group leaders to integrate DEI-driven BD strategies into practice group business plans
- Produce and edit content for DEI/BD pitch materials and work with the marketing team on maintaining relevant content on the firm's DEI web page and social media
- Develop and manage the sales pipeline in Salesforce.com. Use the system for tracking prospects, following up and holding regular team meetings
- Working closely with the firm's DEI team, understand market research and stay current on industry trends, terminology, and corporate best practices, and help champion those findings internally and externally
- In close collaboration with the Senior Business Development Manager, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Marketing and DEI teams, support the management of events/networks to foster a sense of communit within key diverse communities represented in Cooley's client base enabling the development of meaningful business relationships - this includes building upon the firm's success with the Black Executive Network (BEx) and Latinx Executive Network (Lex)
Board referral networks:
- As companies face increasing pressure to include diversity on their boards of directors, leverage Cooley's relationships with these diverse networks to continue building a "go-to" referral network for diverse board members
- Identify funding sources interested in backing entrepreneurs from diverse backgrounds and leverage Cooley's diverse CXO networks to facilitate funding referrals within these communities
- Manage and innovate system of tagging and sorting companies on the firm's deal flow list that are led by diverse entrepreneurs to facilitate the development of lead sheets for funds focused on investing in these communities
- Champion the inclusion of qualified underrepresented founders in Cooley-led and sponsored pitch events and initiatives
- All other duties as assigned or required
Skills and experience:
- After orientation at Cooley LLP, exhibit proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, iManage and other firm applications
- Following training, exhibit proficiency in firm marketing systems softward (e.g., CRM tool, SCORE database, PacketPro)
- Ability to work extended and/or weekend hours, as required
- Ability to travel, as required
- 5+ years experience in business development or marketing-related field
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or related field with an emphasis in writing
- Project management experience and direct experience in creating and monitoring sales and business plans, goal tracking and sales pipeline management
- Experience in a professional services environment, with a working knowledge of professional services industries
- Ability to work with little direct supervision, in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve, work well under pressure and coordinate sophisticated marketing programs with good results.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to interact with various personalities and communication styles at all levels in the firm
- Strong analytic, research and project management skills
- Capable of being both a follower and a leader
- Highly developed written, verbal and presentation communications skills
- Excellent relationship management and influencing skills
- Interpersonal savvy and high emotional intelligence
- Unquestionable personal code of confidentiality, loyalty, integrity, and trust
- Strong ability to function well as a team member and facilitator
Managers & Exempt Professional Staff
Cooley offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package and is committed to fair and equitable employment practices. EOE.
The expected annual pay range for this position is $140,000 - $190,000. Please note that final offer amount will be dependent on geographic location, applicable experience and skillset of the candidate.
We offer a full range of elective benefits including medical, health savings account (with applicable medical plan), dental, vision, health and/or dependent care flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits, life insurance, AD&D, long-term care coverage, backup care for children and/or adults and other parental support benefits. In addition to elective benefit options, benefited employees receive firm-paid life insurance, AD&D, LTD, short term medical benefits as well as 21 days of Paid Time Off ("PTO") and 10 paid holidays each year. We provide generous parental leave and fertility benefits. New employees will attend a detailed benefit orientation to learn more about our many benefits and resources.