est. per hourCare.com • 11d ago Urgently hiring
est. per hourContra Costa Community College District • 7h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
Verified per hourKinderCare Education • 15h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
- $19 - $22
Verified per hourRight At School • 6h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
- Milton Hershey School • 2d ago
Special Education Teacher
|Location||San pablo, California|
About this job
Spectrum Center Schools, a growing, dynamic organization with a social mission to offer hope, is seeking Special Education Teachers to join our award-winning team and perform meaningful work in a culture that welcomes innovation, encourages creative expression, and offers limitless potential for personal and professional satisfaction!
If you thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, outcome-driven environment, seek a career with genuine purpose, and possess a problem-solving mindset, a sense of humor, and a stellar work ethic — We Should Talk! ☎️
As a Special Education Teacher, you will prepare and implement a full educational teaching plan for each student. Spectrum Special Education teachers conduct group and individual instruction in the classroom and in the community to implement students’ Individualized Education Programs (IEP), improve students’ quality of life and prepare them to become active members of their community.
‖ Responsibilities Include:
- Preparing and implementing the instructional process for students with IEP’s.
- Delivering instruction, through the use of curriculum materials and educational software.
- Developing daily lesson plans and classroom schedules that reflect state and school requirements.
- Collaborating with content teachers to provide instructional support and approved modification to the curriculum.
- Implementing standards for student behavior in order to ensure a safe, secure, and effective learning environment.
- Providing a high degree of structure, clear expectations, and consistency.
- Help students develop skills which build confidence and help them to be prepared for college, a career, for life – after high school.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
‖ Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a related field.
- Education Specialist or Special Education Teaching Credential (Mild/Mod or Mod/Severe).
- Ability to meet state Professional Teacher Education Requirements.
- Knowledge of relevant technology.
- Highly skilled in working with students with diverse needs.
- Special Education Certification.
Spectrum Center Schools is a division of Chancelight Education, the nation’s leading provider of alternative and special education programs for children and young adults. For more than 45 years, and in partnership with over 235 school districts nationwide, we have helped change the direction of more than 240,000 student lives!
As a member of the Chancelight family you will be provided the opportunity to make meaningful impacts, the support needed to achieve performance, success, and advancement goals; and receive all the tools essential to reaching your personal & professional fulfillment!
💻 Learn more about our history, our mission, and the program services we provide by visiting the links below:
‖ Additional Perks and Benefits Include:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Virtual Medical Visits
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off
- School Hours and Paid Holiday Schedule
- Company Paid Life & Disability Insurance
- 401k Options
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Opportunities for Growth & Development
- And So Much More!
If you're ready to start changing the direction of students' lives by providing them the opportunity to create successful, independent futures — This Is Your Chance!
Join us and start making a genuine difference in the lives of children today!
Careers, With Chancelight = Work. With Purpose.
- Education Specialist or Special Education Teaching Credential Mild/Mod
- Meet professional teacher education requirements of the state
- Knowledge of relevant technology
- Skills in working with students with diverse needs
- Bachelors or better
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- Special Education
- Special Education
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)