| Estimated Pay ||$24 per hour|
About this job
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs repairs and preventative maintenance on vehicles by inspecting brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings and other important parts to ensure they are in proper operating condition.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries and lubricating equipment and machinery. Perform oil changes, repair/replace brakes, install new transmissions, install replacement engines, overhaul engines, tire changes and other repairs.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance on a variety of powered equipment, including gas and electric forklifts.
- Complete repairs to hydraulics and ignitions.
- Demonstrate awareness and compliance with Loss Prevention and safety policies and/or procedures.
- Adjust and reline brakes, align wheels, tighten bolts and screws and reassemble equipment.
- Raise vehicles or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
- Test drive vehicles to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Inspect, test and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, charts and pressure gauges.
- Specialize in repairing and maintaining parts of the engine.
- Drive forklift or other powered industrial trucks. Lift tire and rim onto mounting mechanism to mount tire.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them. Maintain LP and electric forklifts, batteries, repair electric hand tools, light fabrication, cutting and welding.
- Perform and maintain day-to-day operations on general maintenance such as light bulbs, overhead doors, low voltage, 240v or less electric motors, floor scrubber, and other repairs as instructed.
- Performs with general to no supervision. Monitor contractor performance and work closely with outside vendors and contractors to ensure work is completed according to specifications.
- Maintains good record keeping techniques on all building equipment items and continually updates records. Prepare and submit daily activity reports.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and make recommendations to upgrade maintenance operations and/or implement savings opportunities.
- Respond to emergency situations and customer concerns. Inspect electrical distribution systems for safety and efficiency.
- Assist in maintaining and operating life safety/fire systems. Maintain work areas in an organized and clean manner.
- Transports goods or equipment utilizing a company vehicle, as required.
- Performs cleaning duties necessary to maintain clean facility. Accountability to complete work on time and with a high degree of quality.
- Required travel between Stoughton, Evansville and Brodhead plants. Ability to work overtime as needed; some weekends could be mandatory. Other duties may be assigned by the company.
Above is a list of the most important responsibilities and functions, which are essential to the position. Employees must be able to perform these essential functions satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Accommodations will be evaluated and provided to eligible employees on a case by case basis, depending on the employee's medical restrictions, work availability, the nature of the position, the position's essential functions and other relevant factors.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent, based on education and work experience.
- Preferred technical school education
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to obtain CDL- Commercial Driver License
- Forklift certification
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 3+ years of mechanic experience and/or education relating to the position.
- Ability to learn to operate and safely utilize a variety of warehouse lift and product-moving equipment.
- Ability to perform root-cause analysis and perform analytical problem solving.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety manual, operating maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in facilities management.
- Must be able to effectively communicate (oral and written) with all employees, contractors and vendors.
- Basic understanding of health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment.
- Demonstrate experience with continuous improvement process and initiatives.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, prioritization, organization and multi-tasking.
- Ability to use computer software and ERP systems
- Core Competencies:
- Advanced Mechanical Skills:
- Independent Judgement:
- Company provided training may include but not limited to:
- Blood Borne Pathogens Training
- Forklift Training
- Vehicle Safety/Defensive Driving
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)