Verified per hourKelly Services • 2d ago
est. per hourOffice Depot • 13d ago
Warehouse Safety & Onboarding Supervisor - Full-time
| Verified Pay ||$62,000.00 to $62,000.00 hourly|
About this job
At Bunzl, we know that our employees are our number one asset. We seek to recruit and retain the right people who are passionate about our business, and we provide opportunities for our employees so that they may progress within our company based on their talents, experiences, and their aptitude.
The Warehouse Safety and Onboarding Supervisor is responsible for creating a positive safety culture within our warehouses. This position plays a vital role in driving the key aspects of safety training, compliance, and the administration of Bunzl’s comprehensive environmental health and safety (EHS) program.
- Participates in documented inspections with internal and external parties and executes any actions needed
- Executes routine safety walks to verify compliance and reinforce safety processes with employees on site
- Manage accident investigations and follow up with employees
- Understands OSHA regulations, corresponds, and facilitates any possible inspections
- Guides and executes company sustainability objectives (recycling programs, pollution prevention, waste reduction, etc.)
- Facilitates the Bunzl Onboarding Program and oversees EHS training and requirements for all new hires
- Trains and oversees completed safety adherence and processes by warehouse supervisors
- Manages and maintains the hazardous material storage areas and processes within the warehouse
- Coordinates and tests Emergency Action Plans (Fire drill, tornado drills, etc.)
- Drives consistent safety culture throughout the warehouse
- Must possess working knowledge of the following: Accident investigation and prevention; OSHA regulations
- Proficient in MS Office products
- Strong organizational and information management skills with emphasis on detail and record-keeping
- Demonstrated ability to deliver training programs utilizing a variety of methods
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills capable of
- Excellent interpersonal and observational skills with the ability identify branch training needs and assess the needs of trainees
- Proven leadership results
- Experience building and executing strategic plans
- Safety and security management experience
- Sustainability experience
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus
So, what are you waiting for? A new career awaits you with endless opportunities.
Bunzl is a global leader in the Cleaning & Hygiene, Food Processing, Grocery, Health Care, Non-Food Retail, and Safety industries. We have grown both organically and through acquisitions to sales in excess of $10 billion. Bunzl North America is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. Bunzl North America owns and operates more than 100 warehouses and serves all 50 states, Puerto Rico, Canada and parts of the Caribbean and Mexico. With more than 5,000 employees and 400,000 plus supplies, Bunzl is regarded as a leading supplier in North America.
Bunzl Distribution offers competitive salaries, a comfortable work environment, and a full range of benefits including a 401k with a company match.
Bunzl Distribution has a tradition of commitment to equal employment opportunity. It is the established policy to attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status as provided by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)