per hourUber Start earning Gig Work anywhere
Senior Controls Engineer
| Estimated Pay ||$19 per hour|
About this job
Build Your Career as a Controls Engineer in a Growing Company
At ProMach, we’re looking for people who want to shine. You’ll have opportunities to take your career in the direction you desire. You can be creative. Strategic. Persuasive. Influential. A mechanical marvel. A customer service authority. Meticulous. A closer. A futurist.
You’ll be challenged and rewarded. Make friends and have fun. Improve our customers’ packaging performance and efficiency every day. Help build the future of packaging automation. We’re proud of that and hope you will be too.
Do we have your attention? Keep reading.
Benchmark Automation is seeking an Electrical/Controls Engineer to design the electrical controls for packaging machinery and material handling equipment. This includes Bills of Materials, programming PLC’s, operator interface, “hands on” work during startups, debug and troubleshooting. It may also include occasional robot programming.
- Controls design including but not limited to schematics, panel layout, termination diagrams and field wiring pull schedules as required in accordance with NEC, NFPA, IEC, EN and UL specifications.
- PLC, HMI and servo programming in accordance with industry and client guidelines.
- Component specification, development of bills or materials, solicitation of vendor quotations.
- Client specification review for understanding and development of exceptions if required.
- Execute risk assessments in accordance with industry specifications.
- Client communications as required to clarify questions, specification concerns or installation issues.
- Assist in startup and debug as required either at Benchmark or at the client facility. Provide operator and maintenance training as part of startup support.
- Assist in the writing of electrical portion of operator’s manual.
- Provide both field and telephone support for troubleshooting machine electrical controls for Benchmark customers.
- Travel up to 25%, including occasional international travel.
Who we’re looking for?
- Bachelors of Engineering Degree or equivalent from a four-year college or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum 10 years experience designing and implementing control solutions, programming PLCs, and implementing HMIs in an OEM environment.
- Demonstrated experience with current PLC controlled automated equipment with Allen-Bradley PLC language required (Studio 5000, FactoryTalk View ME.)
- Design experience of industrial electrical controls systems required.
- Demonstrated extensive experience conceiving, designing and implementing controls on high speed machinery including closed loop controls, robots, rotary and linear indexing mechanisms with servo and VFD motors and drives, pneumatic and electric actuators.
- Mechanical and electrical integration experience required.
- Knowledge of high-speed packaging, robotics, material handling systems required.
- Demonstrated electrical design skills, preferably using EPLAN.
- Capable with computer software applications including MS Office
- Must be self directed and resourceful, detail oriented and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Must be flexible to accept assignments in support of overall site goals
- Willingness to apply additional effort and time as required by a project or deadline
What’s in it for you?
There's no monopoly on good ideas or limits to how far you can advance with our team. We offer an open, communicative environment that fosters individual initiative. We pride ourselves in being a company where people choose to build a career.
In addition to growth opportunities, as a ProMach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your salary, comprehensive medical/dental programs, as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, and a retirement savings plan with a company match. And because we understand the importance of feeling protected, there is no waiting period for benefits – you are eligible on your first day of employment!
We have been named to the Inc. 5,000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. seven times. We continue to introduce innovative products, enter new markets, expand our global presence, and actively acquire new capabilities.
We have the rewards, opportunities, and market strengths of a large organization combined with the entrepreneurial culture of a small, fast-paced company. You will enjoy the benefits of working with a growing company that competes globally with the personal touch and feel of a smaller company where you can make an impact every day.
Salary is only a part of a well-developed compensation program. As a Pro Mach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your pay (base salary), very comprehensive medical/dental programs as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, a retirement savings plan with a company match and a wellness program. There is no waiting period for benefits – you are eligible on your first day of employment.
Benchmark designs and manufactures high-performance, low-maintenance, easy-to-operate product handling systems for food and bakery manufacturers, including distribution systems, automatic cartoner infeeds, shuttle and disk feeders, stackers, mergers, tray loaders, and slug loaders. Benchmark manufactures the Southern Packaging line of intermittent motion horizontal form fill seal pouch packaging systems. Benchmark is a product brand of ProMach, a global leader in packaging line solutions. As part of the ProMach Product Handling business line, Benchmark helps our packaging customers protect and grow the reputation and trust of their consumers. ProMach is a family of best-in-class packaging solution brands serving manufacturers of all sizes and geographies in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care, and household and industrial goods industries. ProMach brands operate across the entire packaging spectrum: filling and capping, flexibles, pharma, product handling, labelling and coding, and end of the line. ProMach is headquartered near Cincinnati, Ohio, with manufacturing facilities and offices throughout North America, Europe, South America, and Asia.
Curious about life at ProMach? Follow us on , , and !
ProMach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach uses E-Verify to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires to work in the United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Pro Mach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach uses E-Verify to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires to work in the United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace.