est. per hourCare.com • 2d ago Urgently hiring
Hiring Now! 2nd shift Team Lead- Line 2
About this job
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Exhibit personal performance and attendance at the highest level.
- Exhibit leadership in the area associated with rate and technical performance. Be a working example to all team members.
- Align the team by balancing work cells with proper manpower to meet takt requirements. Initiate the actions necessary for goal achievement, and coordinate with the Production Supervisor as needed. Assure the people are given the assignments that best allow them to succeed in the area for that particular day’s challenge.
- Be immediately available to employees in the work area to answer technical assembly questions, address production concerns and other technical work functions.
- Be able to meet all requirements of Assembler position. Support transitioning new employees to the area of responsibility. (Welcome, ensure they understand what to do, have tooling, etc.). Ensure safety, quality and productivity is met in area of responsibility (operating safely, defects, etc.)
- Responsible for maintaining takt for area of responsibility.
- Perform all technical job responsibilities in a timely manner, including, but not limited to:
- Takt sheet maintenance
- Status sheet maintenance
- Assist the Production Supervisor in technical performance information on area employees
- Work with Production Supervisor to take Gemba walks and sustain an acceptable level of 5S.
- Initiate actions (e.g. maintenance request) without the direct intervention of the Production Supervisor. It is the Production Supervisor’s job to determine if there are any issues with the assignment or action, or to follow-up in the actions that are not being followed.
- Operate all types of tools essential and necessary to the job, including but not limited to, hand drill, hammer, needle gun, caulk gun, chisel, utility knives, putty scraper, disk sander, rivet gun, impact wrench, hydraulic punches, pneumatic squeezer, huck gun, router, grinder and tape measure. Maintain constant torque requirements.
- Assure process sheets are being followed.
- Perform the requirements of an Assembler job classification, acting as a backup.
- Ability to change tasks or be able to work in multiple different areas.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Perform all assigned tasks in a safe, efficient, timely, and accurate and highly productive manner according to company policy.
- Contribute to the team effort to produce a quality product.
- Attend scheduled work hours on a regular and timely basis.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Ability to work and communicate in a team environment.
- Other duties may be assigned as required by the company.
Above is a list of the most important responsibilities and functions, which are essential to the position. Employees must be able to perform these essential functions satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Accommodations will be evaluated and provided to eligible employees on a case by case basis, depending on the employee's medical restrictions, work availability, the nature of the position, the position's essential functions and other relevant factors.
- Must have 6 months to 1-year related experience building trailers. This includes equipment, application skills, troubleshooting and training. Must be able to work independently as well as function in a team environment. Person should be experienced in Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and have shown the ability to learn other software/technology.
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability as a leader – know when to follow and lead while keeping a positive attitude.
- Able to motivate and communicate well.
- Proven leadership skills - able to instill confidence in others and earn their respect.
- Must be able to perform each essential function and responsibility of the job satisfactorily in accordance with company productivity and quality requirements.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace, experiment, and express opinions regarding work methods and blueprints and be accountable for your area.
- Must maintain high standards of quality and work performance, including direct assistance to supervisors and managers as needed.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, tape measures and company documents for area.
- Must have basic math skills, especially fractions.
- Must be able to operate computerized automated equipment.
- Must be able to perform each essential function and responsibility of the job satisfactorily in accordance with company.
- Ability to use computers.
- Strong communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)