Machine Operator - Full-time
| Verified Pay ||$19.25 to $19.25 hourly|
About this job
West Fraser's Opelika sawmill is hiring for a Machine Operator role.
In the machine operator role the expectation is that self-motivated individuals will advance into progressively skilled positions. The successful applicant will be allowed an appropriate amount of time to train for this job and must be willing to cross-train within any department.
What you will do:
- Perform job assignments in an effective & timely manner
- Safely operate equipment according to procedures
- Must work rotating shifts, with shift premium available
- Some overtime may be available
What you need to be successful:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum age of 18 years
- Excellent safety record
- Follow all safety criteria and contribute to the safety program
- Willing to work any shift
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent attendance record
- Willing to cross-train on other equipment
Our highly competitive compensation package and outstanding benefits include:
- Benefits starting Day 1
- Competitive starting pay
- On-the-job training
- A culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- 401k, life insurance, disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
Come build your career with us at West Fraser:
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company producing lumber, OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, pulp, newsprint, wood chips, and energy with over 60 facilities in Canada, the United States, and Europe. We are the largest lumber producer in North America, a leading global manufacturer of wood-based panels and the world’s largest producer of oriented strand board (OSB).
Our employees operate in a culture that values safety first and rewards hard work. We recognize and support our team culture and focus on growing our team by promoting from within – many of our employees have built their careers with us.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug-Free Workplace (DFW)