est. per hourPIH Health • 2d ago Urgently hiring
est. per hourKaiser • 2d ago Urgently hiring
- $25 - $25
Verified per hourManpower • 5d ago
|Location|| Pomona, California |
About this job
Who is Rezolut?
Rezolut is a national emerging platform of diagnostic medical imaging services. With focus on four key platforms, our vision is to provide topnotch patient care partnered with innovative technology — to achieve better health outcomes.
Essential Functions of a Mammo Tech
The mammography tech is responsible for detecting breast tissue abnormalities by completing mammographic imaging studies; presenting them for diagnosis.
- Greets patients by confirming patient identification; reviewing imaging request; checking for special instructions; confirming anticipated service with patients.
- Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of imaging procedures; explaining equipment; answering questions.
- Conducts mammography study by positioning breasts; adjusting compression mechanisms; instructing patient to hold breath; retreating to lead protected area; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors; activating equipment to take image; releasing compression mechanisms; preparing for next positioning and view.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques.
- Maintains production and quality of mammograms by following established standards and procedures; developing mammograms; observing mammogram results; determining necessary adjustments for optimum results; retaking mammograms as required; forwarding completed studies to radiologist for interpretation.
- Ensures operation of mammography equipment by completing preventive maintenance; instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories.
- Keeps mammography supplies and patient gowns ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; collecting and processing laundry.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures.
- Documents patient mammogram services by completing patient record charting.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Required Education and Experience
- Current BLS
- Satisfactory completion of formal Radiologic technology training in an AMA-approved school and ability to meet requirements for registry by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and/or Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT)
- Mammographic Radiologic Technology certified.
- Able to operate sophisticated computer equipment
- Strong interest in scientific and technical skill and knowledge
- Able to interact compassionately and effectively with the sick or injured
- Able to communicate effectively
- Able to perform well independently
- Able to follow detailed instructions
What We Offer
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Basic Life/AD&D
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
$30.00 - $80.00/ hour
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.