est. per hourBuffalo Wild Wings • 1h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
est. per hourTaco Bell • 30d ago
SENIOR FOOD BUYER
|Location|| San Marcos, California |
San marcos, California
About this job
The Food Buyer is responsible for procuring food products with the standards of quality at the most favorable cost to be sold throughout the company. Develop and maintain a supplier base that supports the company needs with quality, cost, and inventory requirements. This is an early stage division within the company so an entrepreneurial mindset will be advantageous
Work closely with other departments to find solutions to complex procurement issues, ensure inventories are minimized, plant needs are met on time and records are accurate.
Make vendor recommendations by qualifying vendors and evaluating bids
Ensures inventory levels are appropriate for the business requirements. Proactively ensures adequate and timely delivery of requirements to match demand.
Ensure that pricing is competitive and an excellent value to customers
Assist in cost negotiations
Audit gross margin data
Reconcile invoices against received purchase orders
Keep target goals by storage zone and category
Work with the Operations team to minimize spoilage
Attention to detail
- 3-5 + years of relevant work experience, either on farms or in produce retail/distribution
- Experience in procurement/purchasing, preferably in the frozen and grocery industry
- Knowledge of local and regional suppliers of various frozen, grocery and commodity foods
- Experience using MRP process/systems
- Inventory Control experience
- Knowledge of quality standards and industry certifications
- Experience managing relationships with outside vendors
- Understanding of margins and profitability
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Employment is contingent upon results of a post-offer background check, drug test, functional assessment and physical.
Instructions: Applicants may apply online at www.HollandiaDairy.com/Careers.
Applicants who are unable to use the online system due to a disability should call the HR department to request an accommodation.
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, life, and various add-on coverages to choose from
- Flexible Benefits account (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Generous PTO (Paid Time Off) allowances and holiday pay
- 401(k) plan with employer match and additional merit plan contributions made for each employee
- Advancement and growth opportunities
- Fun get-togethers like Farm Day, a company picnic, back to school barbecue and Christmas party
- Employee gifts on birthdays and milestone anniversaries
- Safety bonuses and raffles
- Employee assistance program
Hollandia Dairy is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer