Director Sales, Fleet Solutions - Now Hiring
| Estimated Pay ||$14 per hour|
About this job
Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they're needed, when they're needed.
We're one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what's most important to them. Learn more at
We're growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
We're aiming to double sales yet again, but we need your help!We are looking for a highly energetic, entrepreneurial sales leader with a proven track record of success to join our team and make a material difference. You must have prior success both as an individual contributor and leading teams that have sold complex SaaS solutions. People describe you as a coach, motivated, decisive, goal-oriented, and a self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment. You understand the value of business planning, are passionate about continuous improvement, and are a champion of a milestone-driven, repeatable, consultative sales approach. You're a strong problem solver and excel at listening and asking the right questions. You ideally have supply chain SaaS experience.
If this sounds like YOU...
Please submit your resume, and a covering letter describing why you are a unique fit for this position.
You will be reporting to:
You will be reporting to the SVP of Sales, North America and collaborate with key business executives and stakeholders both internal and external.
We are looking for:
An experienced Director of Fleet Solutions Sales (Routing, Mobile, Telematics)) who can manage and drive quota-bearing teams of successful professionals. The incumbent will have the following attributes:
- Leadership style: A positive coach interested in their employees' development as well as the bottom line.
- Mindset:Strong team player and motivator who moves quickly from plan to action and is a fierce, winning competitor.
- Employee Management:Ability to manage a team composed of members working remotely.
- Executive presence:Will serve as a strong and effective representative of Descartes and is able to effectively communicate the company's message and value proposition.
What's in it for you?
At Descartes, we value the contributions that each of our employees make towards achieving our corporate goals. We strive to ensure that each member of our team is given the tools and support they need to make valuable contributions. Descartes is committed to providing a stimulating and rewarding work environment, including competitive salaries and benefits.
As part of the Descartes team, you will have the opportunity to work with globally recognized market leaders who take pride in delivering quality services and market-leading innovations.
You will be responsible for:
- Accountable for overall sales objectives, profits, volume and other strategic goals.
- Inspire, empower, coach and motivate, while pairing business and revenue objectives with appropriate growth initiatives.
- Consistently deliver revenue targets - ensuring company revenue goals, and objectives are achieved quarter over quarter and year over year.
- Accurately forecast quarterly, and annual revenue numbers for assigned region, dedication to the number and to deadlines.
- Direct sales activities within assigned area, set expectations, provide mentorship, prioritize efforts, hold the team accountable for building pipeline and executing each phase of the sales cycle.
- Coach sales team to uncover customer needs, develop champions, present specific use cases, demonstrate the differentiated value of our products and services and negotiate favorable pricing and terms by selling value and return on investment.
- Work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources; collaborate with sales engineering, channels/alliances, professional services, product, legal, marketing, and engineering teams to create a seamless customer experience.
You will bring:
- Three (3) years of sales leadership, with track record of building, scaling, and coaching high-performance remote sales teams.
- Domain knowledge and experience of Fleet Management solutions (Routing, Mobile, Telematics) is a strong asset.
- 3-5 years in enterprise solution and B2B sales, with strong understanding of SaaS and subscription business models
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Track record of consistently meeting/exceeding sales quotas personally and as a sales leader.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills; ability to build strong business partnerships both outside, and within the organization.
- Skilled at business planning and diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with appropriate solutions.
- Success adapting in fast-growing and changing environments
Please note that this role requires satisfactory completion of References/Background Check and Educational Verification.
Location: This is a remote opportunity, open to applicants authorized to work in Canada or the United States.
As we scale, we're looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We're entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: .Join a team that's committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best idea wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory. If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can't promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Through COVID-19, we implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview and onboard candidates by video using Microsoft TEAMS. We record interviews and use them strictly for quality assurance, training and general record keeping purposes. Should you have any questions about this process, please connect with our hiring team in advance of scheduled interviews. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our , , . Descartes participates in the E-Verify program. Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program. .
Descartes is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. Applicants in North America with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can email us at email@example.com. Provide your name and contact information along with the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.