est. per hourVan Meter Inc. • 1h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
Verified per hourFloor & Decor • 9d ago
Warehouse Shipping and Receiving Associate
| Estimated Pay ||$19 per hour|
|Location|| 1100 SE Alice's Rd |
About this job
Now Building – Future Leaders!
Gilcrest Jewett Lumber, a division of US LBM is seeking a Warehouse Shipping and Receiving Associate for our Waukee, IA location.
We’re a people-first company that’s passionate about continuous improvement. Are you looking to join a company that promotes from within? If you enjoy working hard in a fast-paced environment, then apply now to join a leading manufacturer of trusses in the Midwest!
What you should know about working at Gilcrest Jewett Lumber :
- We’re all about teamwork! All positions are hands-on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other! We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere. This is not a suit-and-tie environment.
- We care about our communities. US LBM, our divisions, and associates are committed to contributing to the communities where we live and work.
- We work hard! We are a continuous improvement-driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
- We’re built on safety. We provide a safe and healthy workplace for all our employees. Our employees go home in the same condition they came to work.
How you will spend your day as a Shipping and Receiving Clerk:
- Monday - Friday: 7:00 am - 5:00 pm, every other Saturday 7:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Receive, inspect, and record shipments with raw materials or products.
- Unload packages and check their contents to ensure they match the orders.
- Assemble material for work orders.
- Maintain inventory-related paperwork, invoice records, post corrections, and filing system by job/vendor.
- Enter receivables into the computer system for accounting and inventory control.
- Cycle count inventory items as assigned by location management.
- Monitor stock status and investigate discrepancies.
We want you to build your career with us! Can you check all of these boxes?
- Minimum Experience. 1+ years of proven experience in shipping and receiving utilizing computerized inventory and accounting system
- Knowledge. Previous building supply knowledge (Preferred)
- Communication. Excellent interpersonal and customer relation skills
- Education. High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Physical Demands. Ability to lift up to 100lbs. frequently
- Teamwork. Ability to work as a team and help motivate others
- Excellence. Must have an excellent attendance history with a work ethic to match
Build your future today with Gilcrest Jewett Lumber.
US LBM Holdings, LLC is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, order of protection status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local law.