est. per hourFood Lion • 30d ago
est. per hourWendys of Western VA • 15h ago Just posted
est. per hourKFC • 16h ago Just posted
Catering Manager 1 - Full-time
|Location|| 1971 UNIVERSITY BLVD |
About this job
Working together, supporting your team, reaching for the best in a high-volume, high paced environment is second nature to you.
Sodexo is seeking a Catering Manager at Liberty University in Lynchburg, VA.
- Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction for catering services to ensure account retention.
- Fulfills contractual obligations to the client.
- Plans projects, including defining objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan.
- Accountable for the execution of service quality by maintaining the highest level of delivery.
- Promotes and supports workplace diversity initiatives.
- Directs daily operations of catering services to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources to perform their jobs and meet goals and deadlines.
- Directs catering operations including waited table service, bars, continuous break stations and buffet lines.
- Plans, advises and assists with menu options and selection and provides job quotes for special services or sales.
- Ensures the quality of catering operations, including dishware, linens, food and beverage items, preparing alcoholic beverages to standards, complying with all sanitation guidelines and maintaining area in accordance with state health standards.
- Probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resources when necessary.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards.
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. quality assurance, safety, operations, personnel).
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by providing safety-related training and equipment maintenance and by ensuring compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and with standards.
- Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to employees.
- Ensures certifications are current for facilities.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. .What We Offer:
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.Position Summary:
Assists in the management of all catered events. Hires, schedules, and trains catering staff. Works with clients/customers to arrange and follow through on all catering details and to ensure all special requests are met. Directs setup for events. Responsible for pricing, billing and resolving customer complaints. Develops menu/costing. May supervise less than two full time employees.Qualifications & Requirements:
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.