est. per hourLee County Electric Cooperative • 2h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
Transmission Lineman (27E) - Full-time / Part-time
| Verified Pay ||$9/hr|
|Location||North fort myers, Florida|
About this job
JOB TITLE: Transmission Journeyman Lineman - 27E
Work Location: North Fort Myers, FL
Work hours: Non-Summer M-F 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM / Summer M-F 10:00 AM to 6:30 PM
- Hourly wages of up to $47.41+ up to $9/hr Shift Differential
- $15,000 Sign-on Bonus
- Relocation Bonus of up to $16,000
- Generous Benefits Package
Our benefits include:
- Company-wide annual incentive plan
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan with a generous 6% company match
- Company funded Pension Plan
- On-site wellness/medical facility
- Company paid Short- & Long-Term Disability insurance
- Health Savings Account with an employer contribution
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Wellness program with financial rewards
- Tuition reimbursement
- Group life insurance
- Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
LCEC provides reliable, cost-competitive electricity to more than 240,000 customers throughout a five-county service territory located in Southwest Florida. We employ approximately 400 skilled employees and are one of more than 900 electric distribution cooperatives located throughout the United States. LCEC has been recognized locally and statewide as an industry leader and continually receives acknowledgment for the work that our employees do in the community along with other civic, environmental and professional honors.
Transmission Journeyman Lineman Position Summary: Perform construction and maintenance duties of overhead and underground facilities for electrical distribution and transmission.
* Construction/maintenance of transmission/distribution facilities in cost effective manner.
* Perform detailed inspections on 138KV and 230KV transmission lines and make needed repairs whenever possible to ensure a safe and reliable system.
* Ensure facilities remain reliable and efficient.
* Assist in emergency repair and power restoration after outages.
* Respond reliably and timely to calls during regular work hours and off regular work hours.
* Respond to after-hours work needs and assist with emergency repair of the transmission and/or distribution electric system.
* Account for all construction materials (issues, returns, salvage, etc.) properly.
* Perform duties safely and in accordance with LCEC accident prevention rules.
* Comply with applicable codes and standards.
* Must live within 45-minute commute from regular work site.
* Maintain effective working relationships with employees/customers at all levels within LCEC. Ensure smooth operations, productive communications, and effective understanding during all interpersonal contacts. Provide current and accurate information to all requesters, courteously and in a timely manner.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Proof of completion of a certified line worker apprentice program and/or four (4) years of experience working as a journeyman line worker.
* Commercial driver's license (CDL) Class A.
* Able to meet physical demands of duties.
* Familiarity with personal computer and e-mail.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
* Physical Demands: This position requires typical physical demands found in the construction industry, which includes but is not limited to heavy lifting, working on ladders, vehicle/equipment operation, electrical hand tool operation, digging, outside and inside work. Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds frequently and 100 pounds occasionally; climb in/out of a bucket truck; squeeze tools to 80 pounds of force; climb poles; drive large vehicles and heavy equipment; work from the basket of a bucket truck while wearing PPE; work at night and for extended hours.
* Work Environment: Mostly outside in inclement weather (extreme heat, thunderstorms, and occasional cool temperatures).
STORM DUTY REQUIREMENTS.... Responding to storms will be considered a condition of employment: LCEC provides critical services to our community during an emergency. Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters to maintain service to our LCEC members. Employees are required to work in their normal job duties or other assigned activities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with the company's guidelines and procedures.
Please note that at the time a candidate is made a job offer, the candidate will be subject to a background check and a drug screening.