Printing Plate Mounter
About this job
Now hiring! Come work at a place to build your future and be an integral part of a fast-paced, safety-oriented, and growing industry! We are an ESSENTIAL employer that is ACTIVELY HIRING at our White House, TN facility!
ProAmpac is a leading global flexible packaging company with comprehensive product offerings. Providing creative packaging solutions, industry-leading customer service and award-winning innovation to a diverse global marketplace. We are guided in our work by five core values that are the basis for our success: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, Involvement and Impact.
WHAT PROAMPAC HAS TO OFFER:
*Quarterly gainshare program
*Perfect attendance bonus
*11 paid company holidays
*Paid Vacation & Personal Time
*401k with company match
*Medical, Dental, Vision, and other supplemental offerings
*Company-provided life insurance
*Employee Assistance Program
*Paid Parental Leave
*Wellness program – living a healthy lifestyle can get you a discount on your health insurance premiums AND other incentives
*Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
The plate mounter position mounts printing plates according to the printing order specifications, using precise measurements and time management to ensure the quality of the production flow. The plate mounter is able to understand and verify order specifications of each order.
- Knows and follows all safety policies and procedures. Ensures that co-workers are also following safety rules.
- Commitment, awareness and involvement pertaining to ISO (policy, standards, procedures, etc.) and food safety practices (GMPs, procedures, etc.) are requirements of all employees.
- Able to follow schedules and mounting specifications.
- Ability to read a tape measure to “64” of an inch.
- Able to work alone or as a team.
- Know and understand print layouts.
- Update and keep the plate inventory organized.
- Understand unwinds and put cylinders on the carts correctly.
- Able to lay sticky back without air bubbles.
- Trims and marks plates before mounting.
- Mount plates on cylinders following proofs and lining up microdots.
- Examine proofs and plates to detect typographical or compositional errors and to verify quality and registration of print.
- Measure thickness of sticky back with micrometer to verify tolerance.
- Ability and training in plate making and fill in as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Safety • Quality
- Technical Skill/Knowledge • Personal Accountability/Peer Relationships
- Time Management • Team Building Skills
- Flexibility • Attendance
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Able to work 12hr overnight shift 7pm-7am, rotating schedule
- MUST be mechanically inclined
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read and understand a tape measure.
- Capability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Good time management skills.
- Reports to work on time and is dependable.
- Follows instructions and requests from supervisor and management
- The ability to mount plates with accuracy onto cylinders, using pins for proper registration, in a timely manner.