- $16 - $16
Verified per hourWendy's • 4d ago
est. per hourTaco Bell • 30d ago
- $50,000 - $57,500
Verified per yearFastrac • 4h ago Just posted
est. per hourByrne Dairy & Deli • 9d ago
Assistant Store Manager - Full-time
| Estimated Pay ||$30 per hour|
|Location|| 821 County Rt 64 |
Elmira heights, New York
About this job
The world of working and learning has changed. This is your opportunity to be a part of a brand transformation and growth strategy within the retail industry. Staples is helping our customers and community discover innovative products, services, and inspiration that unlock what’s possible, while empowering you to unlock your potential. Our people are the heart of our success and there has never been a better time to join us as we lead the way in a new era of working and learning.
As a Sales Manager (i.e., Assistant Store Manager), you will be collaborative and inclusive in helping our customers while leading a fun, team-oriented retail culture. You’ll drive sales in our retail, technical services portfolio and business-to-business network. Your team will focus on exceptional customer service while helping them find products and providing answers & total solutions.
Get great perks.
- Bonus plan, full-time hours, generous paid time off, career development program, and weekly pay
- Compensation is based on qualifications and experience. Hiring immediately
- Full medical benefits package, 401(k) with company match, and many more benefits
- Associate store discount and more perks (discounts on mobile plans and other retailers, etc.)
Provide strong leadership in community, customer service, sales, and team development.
- Ensure that the store culture embodies Staples values and its commitment to the community
- Promote a consultative and customer centric environment for the small business customer
- Lead and develop a high-performing team focused on exceptional service, consultative selling, total solutions and achieving targeted sales goals and profit margins
- Empower your team to learn, grow and deliver through teaching, coaching and inspiring
- Build out your network of repeat business customers and present them with appropriate solutions
- Hold yourself and your team accountable for flawless execution of operational excellence
- Share responsibility as the “Manager on duty”, total store operations and other duties as assigned
- Be flexible to perform other duties as needed or assigned
Essentialskills and experience:
- 2+ years leading a sales team in a retail or service environment
- Experience leading a team in a customer-centric, solutions-based environment
- Must be able to engage and speak to customers and understand their needs
- High School diploma or equivalent (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- Ability to lift/move materials in the 10-50 pound range, climb ladders, stand and walk continuously
- Staples does not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position
Preferred skills andexperience:
- Experience using financial metrics to track sales progress to drive profitable sales and margins
- Ability to network and engage with the community
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.