est. per hourOMD for USAREC 6th Brigade • 3d ago Urgently hiring
Software Engineer (RxR) Seattle V - Full-time / Part-time
About this job
This role performs and implements activities that impacts components / processes of specified functional areas of the Walgreens business software products OR Digital/Online application in an Agile environment. Work is typically received in short-term assignments that often require the application of independent judgment. Operates within the context of defined procedures that provide desired functionality to digital solutions, products and programs, typically for intermediary, basic to complex systems. Implements activities that influence entry to mid-level components of the functional area
- Writes code that meets specifications. Develops software applications and tools.
- Completes programming and performs testing and debugging applications
- Develops software applications and tools using Agile development methodologies.
- Participates actively in the design, architecture and build phases, to aim at producing high quality deliverables, working with existing architects where appropriate.
- Participates in the evaluation of compatibility of programs with existing communications hardware and software features. Develops professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
- Receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Usually works with some supervision, conferring with superiors on unusual or complex matters
- Demonstrates proficiency in several areas of the professional function.
- Has working knowledge of programming languages important to the organization
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur. Has working knowledge of programming languages important to the organization.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities.
- Acts as individual contributor as well as team member
- Utilizes experience in order to identify problematic relationships.
- Anticipates, prevents and eliminates problems and creates efficient fixes.
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
About Walgreens and WBA
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the U.S. Retail Pharmacy and U.S. Healthcare segments of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), an integrated healthcare, pharmacy and retail leader with a 170-year heritage of caring for communities. WBA’s purpose is to create more joyful lives through better health. Operating nearly 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving nearly 10 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services, including those that drive equitable access to care for the nation’s medically underserved populations. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with fully integrated physical and digital platforms supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in communities nationwide.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Technology or related field of study and at least 2 years of professional work experience in Engineering, Software Engineering or similar.
- Experience writing code for applications or automation
- Experience with programming languages for online applications, microservices, APIs or mobile applications
- Experience building ,testing applications or automation
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience creating coding solutions to fix moderate problems/issues
- Willing to travel up to/at least 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- At least 2 years of progressively complex related experience.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
An employee in this position can expect a salary/hourly rate between $90,0155 and $166,760 plus bonus pursuant to the terms of any bonus plan if applicable. The actual salary will depend on experience, seniority, geographic locations, and other factors permitted by law. To review benefits, please click here jobs.walgreens.com/benefits.