| Estimated Pay ||$37 per hour|
|Location|| 2201 Middle Country Rd. |
Centereach, New York
About this job
White Castle, America’s first fast food restaurant, is over 100 years old and looking for friendly, fun and energetic Crew Managers!
Our Crew Managers have previous food service or management experience and are caring, responsible and trustworthy leaders. You’ll be joining a Certified™ Great Place to Work® where your day-to-day tasks include organizing shifts, handling cash, managing inventory, overseeing customer service and satisfaction, motivating and leading the team, working the cash register and drive-thru, preparing orders, maintaining sanitation, working the fryer/griddle and more!
Our fourth-generation family business leadership looks out for all team members just like—you guessed it—family! Team member safety, pandemic or not, is our highest priority. For more than a century, we’ve taken measures big and small to make sure our work environment is healthy, safe and promotes harmony between your time on and off the clock.
Crew Managers are responsible for creating a positive team environment while organizing and leading shifts, supervising product preparation, and ensuring the Castle is clean, safe, and well maintained. Crew Managers should focus on preparing and serving quality food and beverage products in a quick and accurate manner, while providing pleasant and responsive customer service. Crew Managers are expected to uphold and demonstrate the Company’s Core Values. This position description does not contain a comprehensive list of required duties and responsibilities. Crew Managers are expected to perform related duties assigned by management, which may be added, revised, or eliminated based on business and operational needs, with or without advance notice. Crew Managers must follow the direction and guidance of management, including the General Manager and Assistant General Manager.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Resolve customer issues and complaints;
• Lead a team in a fast-paced environment while possessing a friendly, respectful, and positive attitude;
• Demonstrate outstanding leadership and organizational abilities;
• Provide ongoing coaching and training to maintain an organized and productive shift;
• Ensure customer orders are held to a consistently high standard for accuracy and quality;
• Foster a team atmosphere and act as a role model for new and existing Team Members;
• Ensure that established Company guidelines on hygiene, sanitation, quality, and food handling/safety are followed;
• Ensure service, friendliness, speed and accuracy standards are achieved;
• Regularly assess Team Members’ skills and provide timely and constructive feedback to those Team Members;
• Effectively use training tools and resources to train other Team Members;
• Provide regular assessments of Team Member performance to the General Manager and Assistant General
• Greet and engage customers with a pleasant demeanor and be responsive to their needs;
• Adhere to established guidelines for the preparation, packaging, and delivery of products;
• Stock, store, unload, and use products in accordance with stock rotation guidelines;
• Maintain health and safety standards in work areas and the cleanliness of the restaurant, including the dining room,
kitchen, restrooms, and exterior;
• Ensure timely and accurate order taking and POS transactions;
• Comply with cash handling policies and procedures;
• Safely operate and use griddles, fryers, dishwashers, and other equipment;
• Work all positions within the restaurant on a rotating basis;
• Maintain prompt and regular attendance for all assigned shifts;
• Comply with Castle uniform and personal grooming and hygiene standards;
• Promptly report policy and procedure violations to the General Manager and Assistant General Manager;
• Ensure Castle opening, closing and shift transition procedures are followed by all Team Members on the shift;
• Comply with incident reporting policies and procedures;
• Adhere to Castle security and safety policies and procedures;
• Communicate effectively with customers and co-workers in a professional manner.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• Strong coaching, training and mentoring skills;
• Good verbal communication skills, teamwork, ability to give and take direction and follow detailed instructions;
• Basic math, reading, and computer skills;
• Ability to hear, comprehend, and professionally respond to customer and co-worker inquiries, comments and
• Ability to see across the restaurant to monitor and supervise the operation;
• Ability to learn, apply and train others to follow safe food handling techniques, preparation, and cooking
• Ability to learn, apply and train others on proper sanitation and workplace health and safety procedures;
• Ability to learn all areas of restaurant operations, work multiple stations, and complete any required training;
• Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment;
• Ability to concentrate and accomplish multiple tasks on own initiative and within established timeframes;
• Ability to work variable hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays;
• Ability to acquire a ServSafe Food Handler certificate within first 60 days of hire or promotion and maintain a valid
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS:
• Prolonged periods of standing and walking;
• Frequent bending, kneeling, twisting, pushing, and pulling;
• Ability to handle boxes and bags of food and supplies, which includes lifting up to 30 pounds;
• Ability to visually inspect food quality and presentation;
• Ability to engage in repetitive movements over a long period of time, including but not limited to mopping and
• Ability to move quickly and safely in confined areas;
• Ability to work in an environment with frequent and sustained exposure to significant noise, heat, cold, fumes,
smoke, steam, and commercial cleaning solutions.
Here’s some of the awesome benefits you get while working at White Castle (the eligibility for which may vary by your average hours worked, location and length of service).
· Weekly pay
· Paid vacation
· Medical, dental & life insurance
· 401K & profit sharing plans
· Free uniforms
· Free meals while working
· Scholarship eligibility
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Promote from within practice
· Community volunteerism
· And more!!
If you Crave a fun, great workplace with an over 100-year history of creating memorable moments for Cravers every day, look no further than our #whitecastleteam! APPLY NOW to complete our online application and assessment!
Long Live loving your job! Long Live White Castle! Long Live Sliders™!