Special Education Teacher for 23-24 SY - Full-time
About this job
Hiring licensed teachers and those with a Bachelor's degree and at least 6 credit hours in Special Ed, plus willingness to obtain 18 additional credit hours through our Tuition Reimbursement Program (made available for this position immediately upon hire). Supervision will be provided by a Certified Special Education teacher.
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as competitive health and wellness benefits, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
New Story Schools in Carlisle, PA is seeking a qualified Special Education Teacher to teach and mentor Autism Support students in grades K-12. As a Special Education Teacher, you play an integral role in the success of our students while overseeing the classroom team and the dynamics and functioning of all staff within their classroom. We are offering a $5,000 Sign-on Bonus for this position.
PA Instructional I or II Special Education certification - Salary $60,000 - $65,000, depending on certification and degree
- Complete the individualized Education plan (IEP) process, which includes IEP development, collaboration with multidisciplinary team members, and preparation of required paperwork.
- Work collaboratively with members of the multidisciplinary team to develop/design and implement appropriate services.
- Provide appropriate guidance, leadership, and direction to staff within the classroom.
- Maintain student confidentiality per agency policy. FERPA/HIPAA privacy rule regulations, and student/counselor confidentiality.
Eligible New Story Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
New Story School is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts, and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website
To view all our open opportunities, please visit our career site at .
If you are a current New Story employee, please apply through the UKG system. Click , log in, and navigate to “Open Opportunities” to search and apply for current open opportunities.
- 6+ months experience working with children with behavior/learning disorders (student teaching hours can be included)
- Bachelors or better in Special Education
- Bachelors or better in Education
- Masters or better in Special Education
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- PA Teacher License
- Teacher - Spec. Ed.
- Lesson Plan Development
- Classroom Management