Sr Financial Analyst - Full-time
|Location|| 105 North Main Street,PO Box 573 |
About this job
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that’s First in Food.Location Description:
Wakefield is one of the largest production facilities within Michael Foods. We serve as a flex plant and are able to produce everything from a whole pasteurized egg to liquid, dried, hardboiled and curds.Responsibilities:
- Assist with the timely and accurate reporting of operating and financial results for egg procurement and production;
- Responsible for assisting in the month-end accounting including the completion of journal entries as assigned;
- Assist with the completion of annual planning and budgeting activities for egg procurement and production;
- Assist with the weekly and monthly forecasting activities for egg procurement and production;
- Maintain monthly egg cost standard estimates;
- Compile and analyze historical vendor results (volume, pricing, and quality) in preparation for business reviews and contract renewals;
- Review vendor pricing for shell and liquid purchases based upon pre-defined pricing formulas;
- Assist with contract management for egg procurement;
- Provide support for procurement strategic planning initiatives;
- Assist in the development of new reports as requested to support egg procurement and production operations;
- Complete special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Assumes personal responsibility to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adheres to all safety policies and procedures and incorporates safety and health in all jobs and tasks.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in business with emphasis in accounting, economics or finance.
EXPERIENCE: 2+ years of experience in accounting or financial analysis preferred.
- Food Industry experience a plus.
- Excellent communication skills with strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated senior cost skills in all aspects of financial and cost accounting, reporting and analysis.
- Aptitude for effective and efficient utilization of computer technologies including Excel, Access, SAP, and data warehouse reporting applications.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage projects’ critical path towards business deliverables under tight deadlines. Ability to coordinate and manage simultaneous data requests of varying size and scope.
- Self-starter with a passion for continuous improvement and collaboration.