est. per hourClean Harbors • 7d ago Urgently hiring
est. per hourUltra Global Business Services • 6h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
Quality Assurance Engineer - Full-time / Part-time
| Estimated Pay ||$23 per hour|
About this job
Step into a world where cutting-edge technology meets unparalleled expertise. Ultra Maritime pioneers delivering multi-mission solutions that protect and empower the naval forces worldwide. With our extensive portfolio of capabilities, our innovations are utilised on naval fleets across our allied navies around the globe.
As the maritime and underwater battlespace evolves, we tirelessly push the boundaries to develop advanced specialist systems that provide our 'five-eyes' Defence customers with an unbeatable warfighting edge. From surface vessels to sub-surface operations and unmanned platforms, we are revolutionizing the way naval missions are executed.
We thrive on collaboration and partnering with our customers to ensure mission success. Our expert solutions encompass an array of game-changing technologies, including state-of-the-art sonar, radar, expendables, signature management, and naval power systems.
Join us in shaping the future of naval warfare and together, we will safeguard the seas and empower navies worldwide!This position requires an individual ready to assume responsibilities as a lead Quality Assurance Engineer. The Quality Assurance Engineer will be responsible for providing QE support on assigned programs. QE support and associated tasks are driven by contractual requirements and program management. This position requires a great deal of hands on interaction with manufacturing production personnel. The selected QAE will need to be a self-motivator as this individual will work closely with Engineering, Procurement, and other cross-functional groups to drive the business and its suppliers to accomplish quality, cost and delivery goals. The right candidate shall be collaborative, flexible, have a positive outlook and is an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer who will meet commitments.
Candidates must be eligible to obtain the relevant security clearance required for the role, due to the nature of the programmes we deliver for our customers.
- Develop, maintain, present, & distribute quality metrics as it pertains to assigned programs
- Develop part inspection plans for receiving inspection
- Perform first article inspections
- Perform in-process inspections
- Perform final product inspections & lead customer source inspection (as required)
- Perform internal/eternal ISO process audits
- Attend Quality Management Meetings & Program Reviews (as required)
- Assist in developing/maintaining PFMEAs & control plans as it pertains to assigned programs
- Assist in continuous improvement activities
- Lead effective corrective and preventative actions
- Review and approve engineering change orders
- Interact with DCMA (Defense Contract Management Agency)
- Support the Material Review Board (MRB)
- Review/modify quality requirements for supplier purchase orders (as required)
- Manage supplier quality assurance as it pertains to assigned programs
- Manage supplier and customer escapes
- Perform supplier source inspections
- Strong oral, written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with strong leadership, project management, and problem solving skills
- Highly adaptive, team player with the ability to drive continuous improvements
- Proficient with drawing interpretations and GD&T
- Ability to work independently and in cross-functional teams
- Ability to update technical processes and/or procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (knowledge of Access Database is a plus)
- Must be able to communicate with suppliers & customer in a professional manner
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Ability to obtain a United States secret clearance. Secret clearances may only be granted to U.S. Citizens.
- Experience working with Prime defense contractors & DoD
- Previous Program Quality Assurance lead experience
- Secret Security Clearance is a plus
- IPC 610 IPC 620 certification is a plus
- Familiarity with MicroVu Inspection Equipment & CMMs is a plus
- Experience interacting with DCMA is a plus
- Oracle - AGILE quality module
- Knowledgeable in GD&T
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification is a plus
- Experience with Receiving Inspection activities
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 QMS
- ASQ CQA/CQE/CQM certifications is a plus
Diverse & Inclusive Employer
Ultra Maritime is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity, inclusion, equity and equality. Underpinned by our values, behaviours, and policies, we want you to feel empowered to be your best and authentic self.
We promote a workplace that welcomes people from all backgrounds and cultures; believing that this will increase our diversity of thinking, and ultimately ensure we continue delivering on our commitments to our customers.
We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and welcome applications from all candidates.
We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k match, paid time off and family leave, and much more!
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing compensation. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodation statement: if you need an accommodation for any part of the application process, please email