est. per hourRoscoe Brown Inc • 2d ago Urgently hiring
est. per hourLeaf Home • 12h ago Just posted
HVAC Service Technican - Part-time
|Location|| Murfreesboro, Tennessee |
About this job
Job Type: Full Time
Reports to: Service Manager
Summary: You will diagnose and repair heating and cooling systems and lead customers to informed and confident buying decisions by providing an extraordinary customer experience.
General Duties and Responsibilities – (included, but not limited to):
- Maintain and repair heating, ventilation, and cooling units for both commercial or residential customers. Diagnose and repair of electronic, mechanical and electrical components of these systems.
- Travel to job sites in service area, and work with dispatch to ensure schedule is maintained and delays are properly communicated to customer.
- Be available to work nights or weekends, on a rotating basis, to service emergency needs of our customers.
- Maintain good working order of company vehicle including refueling as necessary, reporting any mechanical issues, and filling out and submitting monthly vehicle inspection form. Vehicles should be washed on a regular basis.
- Maintain proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in the vehicle.
- Understand Company pricing and generate appropriate customer invoice at job site. Electronically process credit card payments. Obtain customer signature at completion of job. Obtain correct customer information including email address.
- Document all installed equipment upon arrival: make, model, serial number, type of fuel, necessary test measurements, and pictures as necessary.
- Diagnose diverse service issues, obtain any replacement parts, calibrate system to manufacturer’s recommendations, and explain fully to customer what the issue is and what is needed to correct.
- Participate in company provided training opportunities on latest industry technologies.
- Identify and report to owner potential opportunities for additional business (newer system, service contracts, and additional services).
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail with ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, and annuals.
- Excellent customer service skills with desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to work independently in a timely manner, making sure job is done correctly the first time.
- Willingness to invest in hand tools and battery drill
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions as given
- High standards in regard to Safety Guidelines
- Ability to use full range of body motion including but not limited to climbing, balancing, kneeling, reaching, lifting, bending and twisting
Licenses or Certifications Required:
- Valid TN Driver’s License and insurability requirements may apply
- Pre-employment drug test required
- Well groomed, neat appearance
- Valid social security number
- Lift up to 50 pounds; be able to push, pull, carry or maneuver heavier items (with additional manpower or appropriate devices); carry ladders; work from heights, work in small crawl spaces.
- Observe all company procedures and safety rules
- Maintain accurate time records and send to payroll when required
- Work as part of our team to ensure customer satisfaction
Physical/Mental/Visual Requirements: Requires frequent standing, walking, climbing, use of manual and bi-manual dexterity, fine and gross motor skills, eye/hand coordination, near/far vision, color definition, hearing, and speech. Heavy lifting required. Frequently climbs, kneels, bends, steps up/down and/or reaches above shoulder.
Physical Working Conditions: Works outside, exposed to excessive cold/heat, excessive humidity/dampness and operates moving equipment or vehicles. Rarely works alone, exposed to dust/dirt/pollen, water, chemicals/ solvents/detergents/cleaners. Walks on uneven surfaces or climbs ladders. Hazards may include back injury.