The job below is no longer available.
Speech Language Pathologist Home Health Full Time - Full-time / Part-time
•30 days ago
| Verified Pay ||$93,060 - $127,958 per year|
About this job
As a Home Health Speech Language Pathologist, you will:
- Evaluate, direct and provide speech/language pathology service to patients in the home or facility
- Participate in the development and periodic review of the Plan of Treatment and Plan of Care.
- Utilize professional skills and judgment in assessing and treating disorders of speech, voice, language, hearing and swallowing to prevent, identify, evaluate and minimize the effects of such disorders and conditions.
- Administer and interpret diagnostic tests and applications of therapeutic treatments including audio logic screening.
- Observe, record and report changes in the patient's condition and response to treatment to supervisor and/or the physician.
- Provide instruction and training to patients in use of alternative communication systems when appropriate.
- Provide counsel and instruction to patients, families and healthcare staff.
- Maintain and submit documentation as required by the Company and/or facility. Prepare and submit timely written reports of evaluations, visits, summaries, care plans, care coordination activities and progress reports as required by Company policy.
- Participate in care coordination activities and discharge planning.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct in relation to information that is confidential in nature. Share information only when the recipient's right to access is clearly established and the sharing of such information is clearly in the best interests of the patient.
- Attend, participate in and/or conduct internal staff development programs, obtain continuing education as required by Company policy, regulation.
- Meet the education and experience requirements for Certification of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology or Audiology granted by ASHA
- Minimum of six months experience as a speech therapist / speech-language pathologist
- Home Health experience a plus
- Current and unrestricted license
- Current CPR certification
- Good organizational and communication skills
Scheduled Weekly Hours32
Pay RangeThe compensation range below reflects a good faith estimate of starting base pay for full time (40 hours per week) employment at the time of posting in Puyallup, Washington. The pay range may be higher or lower based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
$93,060 - $127,958 per year
Description of BenefitsHumana, Inc. and its affiliated subsidiaries (collectively, “Humana”) offers competitive benefits that support whole-person well-being. Associate benefits are designed to encourage personal wellness and smart healthcare decisions for you and your family while also knowing your life extends outside of work. Among our benefits, Humana provides medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings plan, time off (including paid time off, company and personal holidays, volunteer time off, paid parental and caregiver leave), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and many other opportunities.