est. per hourECHN • 2d ago Urgently hiring
est. per hourCareerStaff Unlimited • 3h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
est. per hourDavita Inc. • 5h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
Verified per weekArdor Health Solutions • 15h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
Verified per weekCare Team Solutions • 15h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
Verified per weekADN Healthcare • 15h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
Verified per weekAmare Medical Network • 15h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
Verified per weekAccountable Healthcare Staffing • 3h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
Verified per weekGrapeTree Medical Staffing LTC • 15h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
Registered Nurse - $15,000 Sign-on Bonus
| Estimated Pay ||$47 per hour|
|Location||North haven, Connecticut|
About this job
NEW HIRE SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE - $10,000
Utilizing the nursing process, provides high quality direct and indirect patient-centered care. Coordinates patient care by working collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team, patients and families. Communicates, as appropriate, the patient's clinical condition, responding quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served. Promotes the profession of nursing and professional practice through collegial support and interactions. Reports to the Clinical Nurse Manager.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of Nursing and have and maintain a current Registered Nurse license in the State of Connecticut.
- Must have certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) upon hire or within 3 months of hire.
- Obtain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certified within one (1) year of completion of hire into position; Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC) within 2 years of hire into position and maintain certification while employed in this position.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Possesses basic computer skills.
- Must be capable of taking swift and efficient action, including patient restraint when responding to patient emergency codes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not intended, nor should they be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of the principal duties and responsibilities of this position. These responsibilities and competencies listed below may change from time to time.
- Performs population-specific comprehensive assessments and re-assessments of the patient's condition and care needs including the psychosocial, physical, educational and cultural aspects.
- Assesses and reassesses pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management tools and techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management. Documentation reflects assessments, interventions and evaluation of effectiveness.
- Develops and revises individualized plans of care as indicated by assessment and patient response to treatment. Evaluates overall plan periodically for effectiveness. Involves the patient and family in the formulation of goals.
- Follows the seven (7) medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors. Demonstrates knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and promotes positive patient outcomes.
- Documents the nursing process and responses to care in a timely manner utilizing the appropriate tools.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations. Utilizes critical thinking skills and sound judgment in priority setting and delegation.
- Formulates and implements a teaching plan for patients and families based upon identified learning needs. Evaluates effectiveness of learning.
- Demonstrates autonomous practice, consistent with evidence-based standards. Pursues personal and professional growth and development. Serves as a professional role model and mentor.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the lifespan and the skills necessary to provide age-appropriate care to patients served. Able to interpret data about the patient status in order to identify each patient's age-specific needs and provide care needed by the patient group.
- Provides an accurate and pertinent report of the patient's condition for safe transfer of care.
- Uses triage process to ensure timely and appropriate care to patients. Accurately assigns triage categories.
- Monitors hemodynamic status of patients and correctly interpret the results. Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring; identifies dysrhythmias and treats appropriately.
- Demonstrates knowledge of airway management procedures and the ability to utilize appropriate equipment.
- Maintains a good rapport/relationship and a cooperative working relationship with outside agencies i.e. Public Safety Officials; police, fire, EMS organizations, referring agencies ECF , Visiting Nurse Association's, Department of Child and Family Affairs (DCF).
- Maintains clinical competence and awareness of all ECHN policies, procedures and guidelines.