est. per hourFlexJobs • 18h ago Just posted
est. per hourFlexJobs • 18h ago Just posted
Patient Care Coordinator
|Location||Secaucus, New Jersey|
About this job
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
Optum Medical has an immediate opening for a friendly, patient focused and detailed oriented Patient Care Coordinator to join our team. Patient Care Coordinator is responsible for the completion of set processes and protocols. Works cooperatively with all members of the care team to support the vision and mission of the organization, deliver excellent customer service and adhere to Lean processes. Supports the teams in meeting financial, clinical and service goals.
Schedule: Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:00 am to 8:00 pm. Rotating Saturday and Sunday from 8am to 8 pm. A 40-hour work the shift will be determined by the hiring manager upon hire.
Location: 714 10TH Street, Top Floor, - Secaucus- NJ 07094
- Obtain accurate and updated patient information, such as name, address, insurance information
- Perform insurance verification on the date of service
- Obtain patient signatures for required documents
- Upload a valid Government issued state ID of patient and patient insurance cards
- File and maintain medical records
- Consistently correct registration work queue errors
- Confirms and schedule appointments
- Answer telephone calls promptly and courteously
- Perform referral documentation promptly
- Working daily in the claims edit work queue to correct registration errors for submission to insurance companies
- Performs certain follow-up services for patients in a prompt and courteous manner, such as scheduling specialist appointments, scheduling follow-up appointments and obtaining copies lab results or specialist reports
- Adhere to the standards identified via Sparq regarding Optum Employee Policies
- Work cohesively with fellow employees to achieve specific team goals
- Keep abreast on current medical requirements relevant to their position, which includes maintaining patient confidentiality and abiding by all HIPAA and OSHA requirements
- Comfortable working in high pace environment
- Participate in planning, coordinating, and implementing care in conjunction with the multidisciplinary team in accordance with the Plan of Care
- Assure the continuity of care through scheduling and tracking systems
- Provide effective communication to patient / family team members and other health care professionals as evidenced by documentation, case conferences, communication notes, and evaluations
- Notify clinical staff of schedule changes as they occur
- Comply with administrative policies to ensure quality of care
- Demonstrate precision and efficiency in scanning documents and monitoring the fax server, retrieving and / or scanning documents and assigning to the appropriate electronic chart
- Participate in orientation (scheduling segment) of new field employees and distribute updates and changes as needed
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required
- Organize and maintains medical records
- All employees are expected to keep abreast on current medical requirements relevant to their position, which includes maintaining patient confidentiality and abiding by all HIPPA and OSHA requirements
- Complete new clinical competencies rolled out by the Educational Committee
- Performs other duties as assigned
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at:
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher)
- 1+ year of Healthcare or customer service-related experience
- Intermediate computer proficiency including MS Word, Excel and Outlook be able to use multiple web applications
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ year of experience working in medical front office position performing duties such as scheduling appointments, checking patients in/out, insurance verification, collecting co-pays, and maintaining medical records
- Knowledge of Epic EMR software
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Ability to work independently and maintain good judgment and accountability
- Demonstrated ability to work well with health care providers
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks to meet all deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to speak clearly and concisely, conveying information in a manner that others can understand, as well as ability to understand and interpret information from others
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
New Jersey Residents Only: The hourly range for New Jersey residents is $16.00 to $31.44. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.