Addictions Specialist WE ARE GROWING!
|Location|| Newark, Maryland |
About this job
Our mission is to provide caring, effective, and highly accessible healthcare to all the residents of the Eastern Shore who seek services. We offer a rich benefit package and competitive salaries. We have a culture of happiness, and we model our Core Values: Hope, Mastery, Autonomy, and Happiness. We hope you join our team.
Please check out our website lowershoreclinic.org.
ASSERTIVE COMMUNITY TREATMENT(ACT) TEAM ADDICTIONS SPECIALIST
1. Personal stability, flexibility, energy, and commitment to working with the chronically mentally ill.
2. Current CPR and First Aid certification; driver's license and safe driving record; reliable transportation.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Associates degree in the Human Services field and two years’ experience working with chronically mentally ill clients. CSC-AD or CDC preferred.
5. Experience in substance abuse counseling is required.
6. Meet credentialing and privileging requirements as set out in Policy and Procedures.
- Maintain total confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA law, CARF accreditation standards and Maryland State Regulations.
- Take part in agency sponsored training programs by supervisor's request.
- Develop person centered individual recovery plans, document progress towards achieving goals, and other related documentation requirements
- Provide quality services to fulfill the ACT mission of providing sanctuary and support to clients in the community.
- Facilitate groups once per week.
- Using motivation interviewing to promote change, utilize the stages of change to encourage recovery and use a harm reduction approach to meet member’s needs regarding their own recovery.
- Take part in a rotation of on-call for the ACT caseload.
- Assist in coordination of services received from other community agencies.
- Other duties as assigned by the ACT Team Leader.
NARRATIVE: The ACT Addictions Specialist will have primary responsibility for certain members charts and treatment plans.
AUTHORITY: Position reports to ACT Team Leader and receives schedule and evaluations from same.
CLASSIFICATION, SALARY, AND BENEFITS: Regular, full-time position; exempt from overtime.