est. per hourU.S. Army OMD for USAREC 1st Brigade & SORB • 2d ago Urgently hiring
Warehouse Associate I
|Location||Webster, New York|
About this job
ProAmpac is seeking a warehouse associate to join our culture! If you are eager to make an impact and get involved with an incredible team, apply! The warehouse associate plays an integral role for the business by maintaining and verifying inventory accuracy within the ERP system. They will manage the flow of new materials, components, and finished goods to and from the production area. The warehouse associate has a dynamic role, collaborating with client services, purchasing, and operations. This position offers a mix of communication, administration, and hands-on work. Read on - we encourage you to apply!
About the company:
ProAmpac is a leading global flexible packaging company with a comprehensive product offering. We provide creative packaging solutions, industry-leading customer service and award-winning innovation to a diverse global marketplace. We continue to grow and would love for you to join our team!
At ProAmpac, our culture is key to our long-term success. We strive to be authentic as we live out the heritage of our small business culture. We value the connections we’ve created, and our employees feel empowered in their shared efforts to innovate successfully. ProAmpac was founded on the idea that a focus on material science will drive innovative and sustainable solutions for our customers, supported by our five core values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, Involvement, and Impact – that foster a culture of speed, simplicity, and self-confidence.
Our company is made stronger by challenging ourselves and each other, while we move what matters forward. With a focus on performance and a passion for our work, we are not bound by organizational hierarchy. We are committed to serving our customers and the communities in which we work and live.
By joining us, you become an integral part of an entrepreneurial company in a fast-paced, exciting environment that provides varied opportunities for professional and personal growth.
ProAmpac is building a wellness culture through its PRO360 initiative: An interactive, fully integrated wellbeing program designed to engage, encourage, and reward all team members on their personal pathway to better health, wealth, growth, and community involvement. Our goal is to ensure 100% of team members achieve a basic level of wellness. Additionally, subject to applicable eligibility requirements, we offer full-time employees a variety of benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) with exceptional company match
- Generous paid time off (PTO), plus 11 holidays per calendar year
- Free life and short-term disability insurance
- Wellness, employee discount and rewards programs
- Tuition reimbursement
Essential Duties and Tasks
Specific Job Duties:
- Point person for inventory control – cycle counting, physical inventory, MDR’s, quarterly inventory reporting.
- Research inventory discrepancies and report to the Operations Manager.
- Serve as back-up for Shipping and Material Expeditor
- Perform cycle counts in a manner that completes all bins within each quarter. Full inventory should be cycle counted 4 times per year. Goal is for 98% accuracy.
- Maintain adequate inventory levels to meet customer demand.
- Maintain the recycling program (pallets, plastic, and wood)
- Physical inventory participation as needed.
General Warehouse Duties:
- Ensure prompt material movements to production jobs and areas and ensure staging areas are equipped with materials to carry out jobs.
- Move materials from production area to warehouse or shipping docks as needed.
- Ensure transaction accuracy within ERP system.
- Ensure inventory accuracy and help to minimize inventory value (MDR’s, Cycle Counting, etc)
- Report food safety concerns
- Food safety – Maintain a focus on food safety at all times, as outlined in our GMP policy under the guidance of SQF requirements.
- Perform cycle counts in accordance with schedule.
- Perform daily housekeeping duties as assigned
- Perform material handling duties to include but not limited to, driving fork trucks, hand trucks and pallet jacks.
- Partner with and support other departments.
- Follow all ISO policies and procedures
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Employees may be assigned other actions or tasks reasonably related to or associated with these described duties.
- Ethical Conduct
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
Work primarily in a climate controlled indoor environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. Hearing protection, safety shoes and vision protection always required on the production floor.
This role operates in a professional environment that requires some exposure to a manufacturing environment. Employee is rarely exposed to non-toxic/nuisance smells from chemicals, airborne dust, moving mechanical parts, high noise levels and hot/humid environmental conditions in the manufacturing area during extremely hot summer months.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands/fingers to type, hold, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Three to five years’ warehousing experience, including systems experience (Syteline preferred).
- Must be able to read, write and fluently speak English; must be able to perform basic Math.
- Able to work well with others in a team environment.
- Able to adjust to changing operating conditions quickly and efficiently.
- Strong interpersonal, computer skills, and Microsoft Office Skills required.
- Must be able to lift up-to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.