est. per hourPace Analytical Services, LLC • 6h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourCisco Systems, Inc. • 6h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourHarmonyCares • 1h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourStoneSprings Hospital Center • 2h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourDelricht Research • 11h ago Just postedUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourSOFIE • 5h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourCalifornia Creative Solutions Inc. • 12h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourFresenius Medical Care • 3d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- Bowman Consulting Group • 12h ago
Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Physicist/Analyst - Full-time / Part-time
About this job
The Puyenpa family of companies are comprised of multiple SBA Certified Native American Tribal 8(a) and multi-certified organizations focused on delivering Information Technology, Management Consulting, and General Construction solutions to the Federal Government along with the Commercial Sector. We are actively seeking a Physicist/Analyst based in Sterling, VA. This is a full time, remote opportunity.. This position requires a Customs Border Protection Background Investigation.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Puyenpa team supporting the Department of Homeland Security DAC-TER Customs Border Protection program. The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Work with a team of physicists and data scientists to support homeland security operations.
- Code data-mining and analysis tools and work with large data sets to assess operations and threat detection.
- Conduct analytical assessments and produce reports for client end use.
The qualified candidate will have the following knowledge and experience:
- Understanding of nuclear or particle detection methods, coursework in quantum mechanics, electronics, and statistical mechanics.
- Expertise and hands-on experience with Python. Familiarity with common data analysis packages such as NumPy, MatPlotLib, and Pandas. Familiarity with machine learning tools a plus.
- Experience with common database structures; MS SQL preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team of scientists, programmers, and IT professionals in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to present work to outside clients.
- Education: B.S. degree in Physics or related field
- Two years of programming experience preferred.
Performance Standards: In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision. Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Puyenpa provides a variety of benefits including company-paid health, dental & vision insurance coverage, as well as additional employee-paid health insurance options; company-paid life and disability insurance; 401k retirement savings plan with employer match; 11 company paid holidays per year, and paid time off.