Verified per weekCoast Medical Service • 5h ago Just posted Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per weekEpic Travel Staffing Allied • 9h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per weekAtlas MedStaff • 4h ago Just posted Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- $1,602 - $1,774
Verified per weekSupplemental Health Care • 4h ago Just posted Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per weekUniti Med • 9h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- Up to $2,268
Verified per weekVivian Health • 8h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourSupportive Care • 19h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourSunbelt Staffing • 11h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per yearTLC - The Treatment and Learning Centers, Inc. • 18h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Director, General, Developmental & Reproductive Toxicology - Full-time / Part-time
About this job
Inotiv is a growing contemporary drug discovery and development company where we "Play to Win" in an industry rich with opportunity. Together, we face challenges and together we win in the delivery of world-class drug discovery and development solutions that impact the health and well-being of people all over the world. There's an opportunity for everyone at all phases of a career, each individual's unique skill set has an impact on the work we conduct. If you have the talent and desire to impact the quality of people's lives, we have the career opportunities to make it happen.
Join us in embracing research and science to impact the health and well-being of people all over the world.
- Adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Adherence to applicable company policies and guidelines
- Adherence to federal and/or local regulations as applicable
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the General, Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology and the Study Direction operations.
- Works in close association with the Sr. Principal Toxicologist in study director development
- Fiscal responsibility for assigned functions
- Responsible for the scientific evaluation and development of new service lines, member company integration of activities, and assessing innovation.
- Works with business development to identify and engage new clients and maintain existing client relationships
- Proficient in the duties of a Senior Study Director/Sr. Toxicologist
- Clearly demonstrates leadership capabilities, both internally and externally.
- Supervises Study Directors as follows:
- Assigns personnel to specific studies/projects.
- Reviews weekly workload of assigned study directors.
- Conducts protocol and report peer reviews.
- Reviews study protocols.
- Approves interpretation of study data and final reports prepared by other study directors.
- Oversees and assists personnel in job performance.
- Coordinates training and professional development of assigned personnel.
- Conducts yearly performance assessments of all study directors
- Perform job functions in accordance with departmental and corporate mission.
- May serve as a Study Director and/or in a technical capacity in area of expertise, e.g., General Toxicology, Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology, Vaccine Safety, etc.
- Interacts with Senior Operations staff and QA Director to achieve committed report deadlines.
- Prepares manuscripts and/or presents at scientific meetings.
- Serves as an expert resource to the business development staff during in the preparation of proposals.
- Recognizes potential training needs in preparation for new business/techniques and coordinates with appropriate staff to assure training is implemented.
- Reviews and develops new procedures, technologies, and SOPs as required.
- Serves as a professional resource to other departments.
Additional Position Responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to accurately interpret and communicate scientific and organizational information with internal and external clients.
- Ability to effectively interact with clients and regulatory personnel.
- Ability to produce high quality data while working under the pressure of strict deadlines.
- Weekend and holiday work as required to meet report delivery commitments
- Face to face meetings with clients
- Work requires entrance into the Vivarium areas.
- Work requires passing annual physical and the use of other PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Attends continuing education courses, as appropriate.
- Maintain an active involvement in professional toxicology organizations.
- Be knowledgeable in regulatory requirements.
- ACT, SOT, BDRP, and ATS membership a plus
Doctoral degree and D.A.B.T. certification required. Three to five years' experience in general toxicology, pharmacology and/or related field. Exceptional performance in client relationships and clear demonstration of leadership potential will be evaluated in special cases.
Excellent skills in basic computer applications such as email, MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Previous publications preferred.
Able to work independently and participate in multiple pre-clinical research studies concurrently.
Inotiv has been named a 2023 Top Workplace! Salary will be commensurate with experience and responsibilities. Benefits include health and dental coverage, short- and long-term disability, paid time off, paid parental leave, 401K participation with company match, and more!
Inotiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits and training.