est. per hourBuffalo Wild Wings • 1h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
- $12 - $18
Verified per hourApplebee's • 13h ago Just posted
est. per hourEurest • 30d ago
est. per hourHardee's • 30d ago Fast response
Supervisor Storeroom - Full-time / Part-time
About this job
Why Join our Team? At Vallen, we embrace what makes us unique. We thrive on the diversity of our associates and the different ways each of us contributes to Vallen's success. We pride ourselves on being an inclusive company that values the growth of our associates. When you join Vallen, you become part of our winning team. Our vast network of connections is here to help you transform your job into a career. Vallen is an industry leader in delivering flexible supply chain solutions while creating value for our customers, our supply partners, and our associates. Your Benefits at Vallen:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick days)
- 401K with discretionary company match - (US positions only)
- Employer-paid Basic Life for Employee, Spouse, and Dependents
- Employer-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vitality Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Resource Groups for networking and team building
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Safety Shoe and Safety Glasses reimbursement
- Employee Discounts through BenefitHub
- Advancement Opportunity.
Vallen's Storeroom Supervisor is a staff management position integrated within a customer's location to oversee and lead day-to-day activities of a team of 1 to 2 associates engaged in customer support, crib and/or storeroom operations. They are responsible for training and managing the work functions of Buyers, CSRs, Warehouse Workers, Crib Attendants, Inventory Control, VMI, and/or other operational support roles that align with the needs of their assigned customer. They ensure work activities are efficient, safe, in compliance with operating policies and procedures and meet the highest level of customer satisfaction in an Integrated Supply and solutions serviced customer
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Staff supervisory duties include, but are not limited to: participating with interviews, coaching, training, delegating work assignments and may participate in or prepare documentation for disciplining associates while enforcing company policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Assist with ensuring storeroom is attended to and follows ISO compliance per contract with customer.
- Trains and provides mentorship to associates on proper handling of storeroom materials, usage of storeroom tools (etc. power tools, etc.), operating policy and procedures in accordance with instructions and/or Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); ensures the safe operation of storeroom.
- Researches and performs root cause analysis for the most complex site/customer issues; engages with customers for resolution on escalated issues.
- Audits and reviews the daily work of others for accuracy.
- May provide coverage for staffing needs in various functional roles on an as needed basis (e.g., vacation coverage or other out of office scenarios).
- Ensures team resources are used effectively and both productivity and profitability targets are met.
- Collaborates with leadership to assist with producing service level reports.
- May participates in internal Vallen and/or customer audits.
- Assist with preparing materials for quarterly site presentations to plant management regarding Vallen's service, projects, and activities.
- Identifies customer cost savings through process improvement and product price variance.
- Provides high-level of customer service by responding to customers via phone, email or in person; serves as an escalation point for unresolved and/or the most complex customer service issues.
- Assists management with ensuring Vallen's various systems of record are accurate for both managed employees and assigned customer.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., Supply Chain, Business, Finance) and 3+ years of relevant experience or combination of education and experience. Relevant experience should include:
- Demonstrated product, industry and supply chain systems knowledge
- Strong ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Demonstrate strong communication, planning, organizational, time management, problem solving and customer service skills.
- Quality mindset with attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness.
- Proven ability to set goals and meet tight deadlines with heavy workload.
- Proven ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents and reports.
- Ability to mentor new staff and work with existing staff to cross-train.
- Proficiency with MS-Office products (Excel, Word) and the technical aptitude to learn all company specific programs and software applications.
Staff Management Responsibilities:
Immediate supervision over a unit, section, or department where the majority of the time is spent assigning, reviewing, checking work and eliminating ordinary difficulties. Recommends candidates for hiring, termination; prepares and conducts performance appraisals and salary reviews and applies company policies.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
Reasonable accommodations may be evaluated and may be implemented to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position.
- Long periods of time working on a computer and performing repetitive key-boarding activities.
- May be required to handle hazardous materials and wear various forms of protective equipment (shoes, gloves, protective eyewear, etc.).
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand and may include little to no advanced notice.
- Must have the ability to work physical inventory.
- May be required to work in extreme hot, cold, or dusty environments.
- While performing the duties of this job, associates are regularly required to sit, stand, bend, and climb.
- May be required to lift up to 100 lbs with assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Stay up to date with Vallen, and follow us on , and .
Equal Opportunity Employer - Ethnically and Culturally Diverse/Females/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity