est. per hourLevy • 27d ago
est. per hourLevy • 30d ago
est. per hourRestaurant Depot • 30d ago
Resilient Flooring - Segment Leader - Full-time / Part-time
|Location||Los angeles, California|
About this job
Milliken & Company is a global manufacturing leaderwhose focus on materials science delivers tomorrow's breakthroughs today. Fromindustry-leading molecules to sustainable innovations, Milliken creates products thatenhance people's lives and deliver solutions for its customers and communities. Drawing on thousands of patents and a portfolio with applications across the textile, flooring, chemical and healthcare businesses, the company harnesses a shared sense of integrity and excellence to positively impact the world for generations. Discover more about Milliken's curious minds and inspired solutions at and on , , and .
Resilient Floor Covering - Segment Leader
The Resilient Floor Covering Segment Leader is responsible for promoting profitable sales growth of Milliken resilient products for the America's region. The position will work with the RVP's, Sales Associates, Strategic Account Managers, Global Account Managers and Segment Leaders in creating and executing strategies that will drive profitable and accreditive net sales and market share attainment. The SME will also work closely with the overall resilient team to insure understanding of market trends, competitors, product innovation, pricing trends, and service needs.
The overriding financial goal of the Regional SME position is to drive North American resilient flooring sales. By achieving both the net sales and AGM goals, Resilient will continue to deliver accreditive profitability within the Floor Covering division.
The right candidate must possess the ability to understand and execute the Milliken sales strategy and process within each channel to market and achieve both net sales and margin goals. They must also be able to work as a Servant Leader, understanding the sales organization is their key constituency, while balancing the core responsibility of both meeting customer needs and company/divisional goals.
- Responsible for supporting the development and execution of strategic sales plans by channel, region, sales associate, strategic account.
- Accountable to hit net sales, margin, and SG&A targets by channel and region.
- Seen as a trusted partner by the sales organization (all levels and aspects) and execute through servant leadership.
- Responsible for developing strategic business relationships with customer base. This includes Dealers, A&D, Thought Leaders and End Users.
- Identify and synthesize sales trends, market data and competitor's strategies. Work with marketing, product management, product design and all other relevant internal resources to appropriately action on trends and competitive analysis.
- Responsible for executing a comprehensive, progressive training program.
- Participate in providing market-based content the resilient product team and marketing to insure best in class communication and support tools
- Contribute to developing price lists, dealer schemes, and rebate programs based on market understanding (e.g., market minus, not a cost-plus basis).
- Required to travel as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS - REQUIRED
- Must be able to quickly adapt to unforeseen circumstances while leading a project from concept to completion.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and work well within a team environment.
- Must be comfortable interacting with a wide variety of customers, guiding them through our design process via conference calls, interactive web conferences and in-person visits.
- Knowledge of quality standards in field, on the inspection floor, and within manufacturing. Must be able to communicate industry standards throughout the sales, operations and executive levels of Milliken and our customer's organizations.
- Knowledge of how to fix problems, including addressing claims for product and or installation challenges
- Maintain precise records, files, and account information on SFDC
- Develop and evergreen market information including competitive set, pricing, market trends and innovation.
The successful candidate will have strengths in the following:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take direction and work unsupervised, while providing successful results.
- Ability to present ideas to internal and external customers -differentiate Milliken from key competitors based on promoting our value propositions of modularity, portfolio selling, health and wellness, M/Pact and corporate guidance.
- Ability to work with suppliers on collaborations as consultative expert.
- Ability to partner with Sales staff on presentations and large projects as expert.
Milliken is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, including but not limited to lactation), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran or military status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.