est. per hourAEROJET • 6d ago Urgently hiring
|Location||Simi valley, California|
About this job
Urgently Hiring 2nd shift CNC Machinists:
Looking for CNC Machinist experienced with Mills & Lathes, candidates must have a minimum of 2+ years of experience in machine set up and operation. Opportunities for career advancement machining in the aviation field. If you are interested in the position please respond with an Update Resume.
Location: Valencia, CA
Pay: $20-28/hour (depending on experience)
Shift: 1st and 2nd shift: Candidates MUST be open to 2nd shift
- Setting up and machining part to manufacture parts for the Boeing 737 and commercial airlines.
- These parts will be made from steel and titanium (no exotics) and range in size from 1/2 in to 72 in.
- Reviews set-up sheet and specifications to determine set-up procedures, machining sequence, and dimensions of finished parts.
- Select the best tooling to be used, given the work material and machining method for the job.
- Observe and listen to machine operation to detect malfunctions such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
- Notifies supervisor of machine repair needs.
- Perform housekeeping tasks to maintain a clean and orderly workstation and perform basic machine upkeep, such as wiping down outside surface of machine, lubrication, etc.
- 2-10 years of machining experience
- Set up knowledge (unsupervised or supervised)
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Experience with precision measuring tools/ inspection
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.