est. per hourAlta Hospitals • 4d ago Urgently hiring
est. per hourLifeStance Health • 5h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
est. per hourMental Health Center of Denver • 4h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
est. per hourPIH Health • 10d ago Urgently hiring
est. per hourAlta Hospitals • 4h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
Area Bereavement Coordinator (Fontana & Riverside) - Full-time / Part-time
About this job
The Area Bereavement Coordinator is a hospice-trained interdisciplinary group member (IDG), who will lead the planning, development, and integration of the bereavement programs across the covered service area. The Area Bereavement Coordinator will coordinate bereavement services to patients, families, caregivers, and facilities involved with the hospice program. This role is also responsible for coordinating the bereavement support facilitators (spiritual care, social work, volunteer, and clerical support staff) to ensure they are in compliance with federal, state, local, The Joint Commission (TJC) regulations.
- Manages the bereavement services within a covered service area and provides guidance and oversight of the bereavement support facilitators to meet the patient/family plan of care, inclusive of pre-bereavement assistance as necessary.
- Regionalize and standardize practices as a Area Bereavement Coordinator peer group:
- To develop, coordinate and plan bereavement mailings, phone calls, home visits, support groups, and memorial programs that meets the needs of diverse populations, representing unique cultural, ethnic, religious, and different lifestyles.
- To work closely with the Volunteer Coordinators to secure and train bereavement volunteers.
- To ensure the provided bereavement services align with the bereavement plan of care and support the family/caregivers adapt to the loss of the patient for a period of at least one (1) year following death of a patient.
- To oversee the adequacy and appropriateness of bereavement programs for the bereaved and develops new programs and services as needed.
- Additional responsibilities of the Area Bereavement Coordinator includes:
- To coordinate and provide ongoing education and orientation programs for all employees, contracted staff and volunteers providing bereavement services in compliance with licensing and accrediting requirements.
- To provide and extend bereavement services to skilled nursing facilities or other residential care settings in the KP covered service area.
- To ensure a process is in place to assure bereavement assessment, assignment, documentation and IDG care planning is complete. Identifies when patients have an additional need and coordinates with the Inter Disciplinary Group (IDG)
- To complete clinical documentation in the patients medical record.
- Coordination/participation in SCAL Regional projects (e.g. patient satisfaction, CAHPS scores, quality initiatives [Care Compare composite], strategic meetings, etc.)
- May need to be available on a 24-hour basis (as determined appropriate by KPCAH leadership).
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in bereavement support or counseling in a clinical setting, such as a Hospital, Home Health, Palliative or Hospice setting.
- Bachelors degree in behavioral science or related field required.
- Driver's License (California) required at hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Knowledge of terminally ill patients and their families along with understanding of hospice and the psychosocial dynamics of illness, loss, and death.
- Evidence of training in the areas of serious / chronic illness, and/or grief and loss.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Position will require 25-40% travel time.
- Masters degree in behavioral science, pastoral care/divinity, business administration or related field.
- Certification in bereavement, grief and loss counseling and/or volunteer administration.
- This is not a remote position.
PrimaryLocation : California,Pasadena,Walnut Center - Regional Offices
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
WorkingHoursStart : 08:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 05:00 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-SCAL-01|NUE|Non Union Employee
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care
Department : Parsons West Annex - Hospice Administration - 0801
Travel : Yes, 15 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.