The job below is no longer available.
Associate Therapist - Psychiatric Counselor - Full-time / Part-time
•30 days ago
|Location||Thousand Oaks, California|
About this job
Provides supervised clinical social work services to adults, children and families with emotional and/or social problems utilizing established psychotherapeutic techniques in both inpatient and outpatient settings; consults and collaborates with members of the patients family and other health care professionals. SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED: Under general supervision of the Chief of Service, Psychiatry. Specific supervision to be provided by appropriate licensed administrative staff.
- Under supervision and referring to and utilizing licensed staff for appropriate decisions when necessary: 1. Conducts initial interviews with member by eliciting and understanding the psychological and social meaning of complaints, symptoms, current and past history, to determine the nature and urgency of members need. 2. Provides member with a professional understanding of his/her presentation, recommends a course of action such as beginning therapy or counseling, or a specific action plan that member can carry out without additional professional guidance or consultation. 3. Provides clinical case management services to adults, adolescents and children; selects and uses appropriate treatment modality in both inpatient and outpatient settings. 4. Renders appropriate immediate guidance and therapeutic services to help individuals and families cope with emotional crisis or psychiatric emergencies. 5. Maintains a written record of therapy or counseling sessions; prepares reports and letters concerning patient; phones, writes and visits, with clients signed written permission, social agencies schools, relatives, friends, etc., to obtain pertinent information. 6. Provides telephone counseling, resource information, and referral services. 7. Participates in departmental/locational project assignments and activities such as CQI activity and OD duty. 8. Provides psycho-education for members in context of a prescribed treatment.
- Master of Social Work degree, or Masters degree in a related Behavioral Health field from an accredited College or University setting. Minimum one year supervised field experience in a clinical setting required.
- Please refer to Minimum Work Experience section.
License, Certification, Registration
- Associate Marriage and Family Therapist (California) OR Associate Professional Clinical Counselor Registration (California) OR Registered Associate Clinical Social Worker (California)
- Will not be scheduled for more than 40 hours per week.
- Assist with CORE and BHIOS to backfill Amy Chow.
PrimaryLocation : California,Simi Valley,Simi Valley Medical Offices 2
HoursPerWeek : 1
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
WorkingHoursStart : 07:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 07:00 PM
Job Schedule : Per Diem
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : B11-PSC|NUHW|NUHW Psych Social Chapter
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care
Department : SIMI VALLEY MEDICAL OFFICES 2 - Mental Hlth/Psychiatry-RegClin - 0806
Travel : Yes, 15 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.