Verified per hourExpress Employment Professionals • 3h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
- Starting at $145
Verified per monthInternational Rescue Committee • 11h ago Just posted
Senior Property Adjuster (Field)
About this job
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nation’s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. We’re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. They’re what guides everything we do – from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!The Opportunity
Military veterans and spouses are highly encouraged to apply.
What you'll do:
- Identifies and handles existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Handle assigned claims' caseload comprised of claims with complex damages including specialty claims. Updates initial reserve levels.
- Partners with vendors and internal business partners to facilitate complex claims. May also involve external regulatory coordination to ensure appropriate documentation and compliance.
- Investigates claim damages by conducting research from various sources, including the insured, third parties, and external resources.
- Proactively identifies and engages in additional confirmation of potential discrepancies involving complicated situations.
- Identifies coverage concerns, reviews prior loss history, determines and creates Special Investigation Unit (SIU) referrals, when appropriate.
- Figures out coverage through analyzing information involving complex policy terms and contingencies.
- Communicates with insured about coverage or any issues that involve additional information or considerations regarding settlement amount.
- Resolves and negotiates complex claims settlement and makes recommendations to management for settlement amounts outside of authority limits.
- Maintains accurate and current claim file documentation throughout the claims process for complex claims.
- Proficient knowledge of estimating technology platforms to prepare claims estimates in order to manage complex property insurance claims.
- Serves as a resource for less experienced staff, providing informal coaching as appropriate.
- Recognizes and solves obstacles that occurs in the claims process without supervisory approval.
- May require limited travel to resolve claims and conduct in-person inspections.
What you have:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years’ relevant property claims adjusting experience of moderate complexity that includes writing estimates involving dwelling and structural damages
- Successfully acquire Property & Casualty (P&C) adjuster license and state registrations within 90 days of hire
- Proficient knowledge of Xactimate or similar estimating platform
- Advanced knowledge estimating losses of moderate complexity
- Proficient knowledge of property claims contracts and interpretation of case law
- Proven negotiation, investigation, communication and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the year (local & non-local) and/or work catastrophe duty when needed
- Developing knowledge of residential construction
What sets you apart:
- US Military service or a Military spouse/domestic partner
- Prior experience adjusting property claims using virtual technologies
- Prior property field adjuster experience handling DWG, APS and ALE adjustments
- Industry designations such as AINS, CPCU, AIC, SCLA (or actively pursuing)
- Xactimate Level 1 and/or Level 2 certification
- Prior deployments in support of catastrophes
- Currently hold an active Adjuster License
- Currently reside within or have the ability to self-relocate within Charlottesville, VA area
- Bachelor’s degree
Physical Demand Requirements:
- May require the ability to crouch and stoop to inspect confined spaces, to include attics and go beneath homes into crawl spaces.
- May need to meet all USAA safe driving requirements including verification of driving record through MVR & possession of valid driver’s license.
- May require the ability to lift a minimum of 35 pounds to include lifting a ladder in and out of the trunk of a car.
- May require the ability to climb ladders and traverse roofs, this includes the ability to work at heights while inspecting roofs and attics.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What we offer:
Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $59,070.00 -$112,920.00.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.