About this job
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and innovative future is now.
PSE'sVice President of Operationsteam is looking for qualified candidates to fill anopenEngineer IIposition!
Specific details regarding the work arrangements for this position will be discussed in further detail during the interview process.
Under minimal supervision of more experienced staff, an Engineer prepares engineering plans, designs, specifications, standards, cost estimates, system studies, and other such evaluations. The engineer also works on project teams to support the successful completion of projects designed to reinforce the energy delivery or power generation systems. Work on assignments is also performed with the goal of growing the engineers' technical and managerial knowledge about PSE processes and systems. Supports emergency response operations when needed.
Upholds the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE's operating and/or field procedures related to work responsibilities. Promotes and supports a culture of total safety.
This position may be subject to random DOT drug and/or alcohol testing.
Demonstrates commitment to conduct business honestly, ethically and consistent with our core values and Code of Conduct. Ensures duties are performed in accordance with all regulatory compliance obligations.
- Works on projects that are often composed of many interrelated elements.
- Interprets requirements and application of company and industry standards, guidelines, and methods.
- Applies engineering principles, practices, theories.
- Creates and reviews cost estimates, and provides economic analysis for project alternatives.
- Plans and develops project budgets with appropriate documentation.
- Identifies potential areas of weakness with assigned work, and initiates corrective action.
- Ensures compliance with codes, standards, and design requirements.
- Supports emergency response work as requested including immediate and extended restoration efforts driven by weather and other system failures.
- May coordinate the work of engineering assistants, technicians, or others who assist in specific assignments (including contractors/consultants).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree or PE license in electrical, mechanical, civil or other appropriate engineering field
- Experience in planning, design, specification preparation, technical field work, project cost estimating and scheduling (typically achieved after 3 or more years practice as a degreed engineer). Years of acquired experience is provided as a guide and alone does not constitute readiness for job level as individual's skill acquisition rates can vary significantly.
- Organization, documentation, prioritization, and project management skills.
- Experience working with both internal and external customers on projects.
- Familiar with codes and equipment utilized in the design and operation of utility systems.
- Experience with coordinating external consultants in the execution of a project.
- Possession of EIT certificate and ability to acquire PE license.
- Knowledge of engineering economics and utility accounting practices.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer a competitive compensation and rewards package.
The pay range for this position is$73,900.00-$122,900.00, and this position is eligible for annual goals based incentive bonuses.
PSE offers a suite of benefits to our employees. Employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, basic life, and short- and long-term disability insurance. There are additional voluntary options of supplemental life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, flexible spending accounts for health care and dependent daycare, and an Employee assistance program (EAP). For long term savings, PSE offers a 401(k) investment option and a cash balance retirement plan. Employees will also receive Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays throughout the calendar year.Detailed benefit overviews can be found on our Career page - .
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we're building the Northwest's energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential functions of the job, or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at email@example.com or 425-462-3017.