Registered Nurse ICU - Full Time - Nights - Now Hiring
| Verified Pay ||$33.50-47.00|
|Location||Binghamton, New York|
About this job
Req Id 87340
Department INTENSIVE CARE
Shift Hours Worked 12.50
Work Schedule NYSNA 12 HR ED (AFTER 8/31/16)
Employee Status A1 - Full-Time
Union E01 - NYS NURSES ASSOCIATION
The Registered Nurse promotes and restores patient's health by completing the nursing process: collaborating with Physicians and multidisciplinary team members: providing support to patients, visitors and families. Responsible for assessing, planning, promoting and evaluating quality patient care. A Registered Nurse provides teaching to patients, families and the public. A Registered Nurses will follow the mission, vision, I-CARE values, policies and procedures of Mohawk Valley Health System.
- Identify patient care requirements establishing personal rapport with patients and families and understanding of plan of care throughout the patient’s experience.
- Establish a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends and families.
- Promote patient independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends and family to understand disease process, medications, and self-care skills, and provide time to answer questions.
- Assure quality care by adhering to therapeutic standards measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending adjustments to the patient’s needs.
- The nurse is responsible and accountable for individual nursing practice and determines the appropriate delegation of tasks consistent with the nurse's obligation to provide optimum patient care
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements following manufactures instructions troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs; maintaining equipment, inventories, and evaluating equipment and techniques.
- Protect patients, employees by adhering to infection control policies and protocols, medication administration and controlled substance regulations. Utilize universal precautions and practice at all times.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care personnel.
Required: Graduate of an accredited associate degree
Current New York State licensure as a Registered Nurse
Bachelor of Science in Nursing from an accredited nursing program or higher degree
Basic Life Support Certification
One or more years of experience in a related setting
Required: Current New York State licensure as a Registered Nurse
Preferred: Basic Life Support Certification
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.