- Up to $2,406
Verified per weekVivian Health • 2d ago Urgently hiring
Registered Nurse Supervisor - St Luke's Nursing Home - Full Time - Evenings - Full-time / Part-time
| Verified Pay ||$31 - $54 Hour|
|Location||Binghamton, New York|
About this job
Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the nursing care of residents within the skilled nursing setting. Responsible for ensuring continuity of care of the residents between shifts by providing direct care as well as supervising the care given by CNA’s, LPN’s and supportive staff members. Participates in resident and family teaching/conferences. Maintains role as resident advocate with a focus on the facility’s mission.
- Assesses residents on admission, readmission as well as when condition changes. Documents appropriately including medical record.
- Notifies physician of changes in resident’s condition and follows through until appropriate action is taken.
- Gives a thorough report to oncoming shift and participates in walking rounds.
- Assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the resident and family regarding pain management.
- Performs all aspects of resident care in an environment that optimizes resident safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors. Supervises nursing staff to promote this.
- Implements plan of care for the resident based on assessments and goals as established by the interdisciplinary care team.
- Supervises and redirects other members of the healthcare team, as needed, to accomplish the Plan of Care which has been developed.
- Reviews staffing for own shift and upcoming shifts, takes action to obtain adequate staffing.
- Administers medications, following the five medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
- Functions as a leader for the CNA’s and LPN’s by delegating in a manner that contributes to the excellence of the nursing department and maximizes teamwork.
Required: Two years experience in a medical/surgical or nursing home. One year experience in a supervisory capacity.
Preferred: Registered Nurse licensure in NYS/BSN or related degree preferred.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Req Id 87622
Department NURSING ADMINISTRATION
Shift Hours Worked 7.50
Work Schedule GENERAL BENEFITS HIRED AFTER 8/25/08
Employee Status A1 - Full-Time
Pay Range $31 - $54 Hourly