est. per hourPersonify • 30d ago Urgently hiring
est. per hourCare.com • 6d ago Urgently hiring
- $18 - $20
Verified per hourHelio Health • 11h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
- $34 - $59
Verified per hourMohawk Valley Health System • 2d ago Urgently hiring
est. per hourCare.com • 6d ago Urgently hiring
- $33 - $47
Verified per hourMohawk Valley Health System • 20h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
REGISTERED NURSE - VNA HOME CARE - Full Time - Days
| Estimated Pay ||$38 per hour|
|Location||Binghamton, New York|
About this job
Req Id 86327
Shift Hours Worked 7.50
Work Schedule VNA - HOURLY
Employee Status A1 - Full-Time
Union V01 - VNA-NYSUT NURSES UNION
The Registered Nurse promotes and restores patient's health by completing the nursing process: collaborating with Physicians and multidisciplinary team members: providing support to patients and families in the patient's home. A Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, promoting and evaluating quality patient care in the home. A Registered Nurse provides teaching to patients, families and the public. A Registered Nurses will follow the mission, vision, I-CARE values, policies and procedures of Mohawk Valley Health System.
- Identify patient care requirements establishing personal rapport with patients and families and understanding of plan of care throughout the patient’s experience.
- Establish a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends and families.
- Promote patient independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends and family to understand disease process, medications, and self-care skills, and provide time to answer questions.
- Assure quality care by adhering to therapeutic standards measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending adjustments to the patient’s needs.
- The nurse is responsible and accountable for individual nursing practice and determines the appropriate delegation of tasks consistent with the nurse's obligation to provide optimum patient care
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements following manufactures instructions troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs; maintaining equipment, inventories, and evaluating equipment and techniques.
- Protect patients, employees by adhering to infection control policies and protocols, medication administration and controlled substance regulations. Utilize universal precautions and practice at all times.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care personnel.
- Identifies and applies strategies to improve safety in the home environment.
- Document patient care service by charting in patients’ medical records accurately and timely in accordance with licensure, regulatory standards.
- Maintain continuity of care with the care team by communicating plan of care and follow through with multidisciplinary team ensuring that patient administration of care for all services provided are organized, planned and delivered.
- Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Maintain nursing supplies inventory checking stock to determine inventory and PAR level; anticipating needs supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies, verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies; using equipment to accomplish job.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, mandatory in-services; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- The nurse participates in the advancement of the profession through contributions to practice, education, administration, and knowledge development.
- Engage in quality improvement initiatives including continuing education, participation in Agency specific teams, identifying nursing practice areas for quality improvement and safe outcomes.
- Maintain a cooperative relationship among the healthcare team by communicating information; responding to request; building rapport; participating in team problem solving.
- Provide service excellence to patients and their families that meets or exceeds patient expectations through offering empathetic and compassionate patient-centered care.
- Professionally manage patient and family needs and concerns using positive service recovery methods.
- Respond to patient requests and makes active referrals to subject matter expert/decision maker who can fulfill the patient request
- Provide culturally sensitive care
Required: Graduate of accredited institution of professional nursing; One year experience in a medical surgical setting or related setting
Preferred: Bachelor of Science in Nursing from accredited nursing program or higher degree; Experience in Home Care
Required: Current New York State licensure as a Registered Nurse; Current and valid New York State Driver's license in good standing
Preferred: Basic Life Support Certification
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.