X-Ray Technologist - Full-time / Part-time
|Location||Hopewell Junction, New York|
About this job
SIGN ON BONUS $1,250
Optum in the tri-state region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group) offers an interconnected network that enables us to work collaboratively to better coordinate care among our doctors and care teams. Together, we offer you and your family access to more than 2,100 providers, representing 70 specialties, working in 360 medical practices and more than 55 urgent care locations across New York, New Jersey, and Southern Connecticut. For more information, visit .
At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
CareMount Medical, P.C. is the largest independent multispecialty medical group in New York State, providing comprehensive medical care of the highest quality to over 640,000 patients in more than 45 locations throughout Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Columbia, and Ulster counties and New York City. Founded in 1946 as Mount Kisco Medical Group, CareMount has grown to over 600 physicians and advanced practice professionals representing more than 40 different medical specialties. CareMount is affiliated with world-class organizations including Massachusetts General Hospital, Mount Sinai Health System, and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. CareMount offers on-site laboratory and radiology services, endoscopy and infusion suites, and operates eight urgent-care centers. Our physicians are frequently recognized as best doctors in respected publications and have been featured in lists including New York Magazine’s “Best Doctors,” Westchester and Hudson Valley Magazine’s “Top Doctors” as well as in Castle Connolly Medical’s “Top Doctors.” For additional information about CareMount Medical and its specialties, please visit: .
The group has always maintained a firm commitment to each of our patients...to provide high quality medical and surgical care in a warm, friendly setting, and in a caring manner. Each and every member of our professional and support staff is dedicated to this ideal - physicians, nurses, technicians and support personnel.
The X-Ray Technologist I is responsible for performing the primary diagnostic examination to either diagnose or decide the optimal procedure that will best help the patient. This also includes creating a tranquil environment, so patients will be able to adhere to examination instructions.
- Identify anatomical orientation on all required images and assures proper file identification on all images
- Demonstrate competency performing all radiographic procedures and the operation of all related equipment
- Greet patients, obtain history, and enters information in computer system
- Perform x-rays at the optimal quality
- Demonstrate patient care; make sure to protect patient as best as possible from excessive radiation
- Observe patient vital signs during examination
- Provide coverage as needed (i.e. in the event of call outs or extended patient schedules)
- Provide instruction/mentoring to new hires
- Maintain CPR certification
- Perform procedures in compliance with Standards of Care, facility and regulatory requirements, and ARRT Standards of Ethics
- Maintain quality standards as it relates to HIPPA regulations
- Demonstrate a positive patient experience; share information with patients, providing knowledge about the procedure; ensuring they are aware of follow-up steps and requirements
- Demonstrate a positive experience from the referring providers; providing excellent quality
- Consistently submit images of diagnostic quality without recommendation of additional image acquisition; performs quality assurance on images and equipment; demonstrates competency in utilizing systems
- Make decisions authoritatively and wisely after adequately contemplating various available courses of action
- Contribute to efficient out-patient Operations, maximizing the productivity of assigned modality
- Utilize sterile techniques preventing contamination
- Review each examination for technical accuracy, presents completed examinations to radiologist, and communicates pertinent data to persons responsible for the care of patients following the procedure
- Demonstrate teamwork; interacts in a positive manner with employees and contributes to a collaborative work environment
- Meet or exceed deadlines, follows through, demonstrating accountability, flexibility and adaptability
- Enhance professional growth and maintain certifications, registration and active CME’s through education programs, conferences, and workshops
- Maintain the cleanliness of examination rooms
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologist)® certified & NY State license in Radiologic Technology
- Demonstrated ability to adequately use, or learn to use, the department's computerized system and its associated devices
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Associate degree or Baccalaureate degree in radiography, radiation therapy, or nuclear medicine
- 1+ years of experience in as general radiologic technologist
- Demonstrated ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with patients, visitors, and employees within the organization
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Able to lift and carry items weighting up to 50 pounds
- Able to lift patients weighting up to 300 pounds and place them in appropriate positions for operation of equipment
- Eyesight correctable to 20/20 to operate equipment and review developed films
Core Customers and Key Relationships:
- Patients Families and Friends
- Physicians and Other Medical Staff
- External Medical Partners
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. CareMount is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH Care Associates, and Riverside Medical Group (the “Practices”) are all physician owned and led practices having complete authority for all medical decision-making and patient care through their physicians and other licensed professionals. Optum, through its management organizations (“Optum”) provides non-clinical administrative services to support the Practices and their physicians. Neither Optum nor its management companies employs, engages, or supervises physicians or other licensed professionals, or determines or sets the methods, standards, or conduct of the practice of medicine or health care provided by the Practices or by any of their licensed professionals. “Part of Optum” reflects that the Practices are part of Optum’s effort to support forward-thinking physician practices in helping their patients live healthier lives.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
New York Residents Only: The hourly range for New York residents is $22.45 to $43.89. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.