est. per hourDTE Energy • 12h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourItalmatch USA Corporation • 19h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourPlastpro, Inc. • 19h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Plant Manager - Full-time / Part-time
| Estimated Pay
|$35 per hour
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
DTE is one of the nation's largest diversified energy companies. Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer's homes and Michigan's progress for more than a century.And as Michigan's largest source of renewable energy, we're creating a cleaner, healthier environment to power our future. We're also serving communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy services to industries in 19 states. But we're more than a leading energy company... and working at DTE is more than just a job.At DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you'll be part of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences, and values everyone's health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE.Together, we can achieve great things.
Location: Ashtabula, OH
This position is responsible for overseeing, managing, and directing the day-to-day operation and maintenance activities of a mid-sized plant facility. This position will be responsible for performing difficult and complex services requiring a high level of independent judgment, initiative, and discretion. Work is mainly self-directed, with work results reviewed through the achievement of set goals and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Directs day-to-day operation and maintenance activities
- Primary liaison with the customer on matters pertaining to daily operations including the scheduling of production levels
- Ensures the facility is operated in a safe and environmentally responsible manner in compliance with the core values of DTE Energy and all local, state, and federal regulations
- Develops the annual O&M budget
- Controls expenditures to ensure costs remain within budget
- Schedules and coordinates major maintenance and contractor activity to coincide with the production requirements of the customer
- Prepares periodic status reports that describe operating performance, issues and forecasts of future performance
- Implements a planned maintenance program consisting of predictive, preventative and corrective maintenance activities documenting such activities through the use of work orders and similar processes
- Conducts or arranges for periodic training for all plant personnel covering technical, safety, environmental and supervisory topics as appropriate
- Ensures that all employees and contractors abide by established policies and procedures pertaining to plant safety and environmental stewardship
- Works with Director of Operations and operations support personnel to share and implement best practices throughout the organization
- High School Diploma or equivalent and knowledge and capabilities typically acquired through at least 5 years supervisory or managerial experience in the operation, maintenance and administration of powerhouses, utility systems or similar plant assets, or
- Associate degree or industry-recognized certificate (i.e., the completion of a core group of course designated by the institution) in a related discipline is preferred and knowledge and capabilities typically acquired through at least 3 years supervisory or managerial experience in in the operation, maintenance and administration of powerhouses, utility systems or similar plant assets, or 2 years of military experience at an officer level, or
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline with a minimum of 2 year supervisory or managerial experience in the operation, maintenance and administration of powerhouses, utility systems or similar plant assets
- An understanding of the technology utilized by the customer and how it relates to the commodities and services provided by DTE Vantage
- Knowledge of the regulatory processes under which the facility operates
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Working knowledge of powerhouse equipment and systems, including but not limited to, chillers, electrical distribution, heat exchangers, hot water distribution, chemical treatment equipment, transformers, motors, pumps, piping/valves, instrumentation, control systems, etc.
- An understanding of energy efficiency practices and energy conservation techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively at all levels of staff and management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS)
- Work independently or as part of a team without significant supervision
- Ability to develop and manage operating & maintenance budgets
- Promote and maintain strong, positive relationships with coworkers, suppliers, contractors, vendors, and customers
- Ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with both a functional and business leader, who collaborate on employee issues and decisions (including performance management, compensation, and development)
The physical demands characterized here epitomize those that must be met by an employee to properly perform the integral functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In order to properly perform the integral functions of this job, the employee is:
- Occasionally required to stand or walk and stoop or kneel
- Frequently, the employee is required to sit
- It is crucial to the outcome of job tasks that the employee is able to talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms extensively
- The employee in this classification will be required to frequently lift objects of up to 10 pounds in weight
- Occasionally the employee will have to lift or move objects of up to 25 pounds in weight
- Vision requirements for this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works both in a business office setting and at a plant site. In the course of working at the plant site, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, including wet and/or humid conditions, and may work near moving mechanical parts and/or machinery. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate in the office but may become loud at the plant site.
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
At DTE Energy, we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and a sense of belonging. We seek individuals with a heart for service, a passion to help our communities prosper, and ideas to help shape the future of energy. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.