est. per hourAscension • 8d ago Urgently hiring
est. per hourMac Tools • 11d ago Urgently hiring
est. per hourStandardAero • 5d ago Urgently hiring
est. per hourDentalWorks • 15h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
est. per hourSonic Healthcare USA, Inc • 3h ago Just posted Urgently hiring
est. per hourClinical Pathology Laboratories, Inc • 2d ago Urgently hiring
Internal Audit Manager - Full-time / Part-time
| Estimated Pay ||$38 per hour|
About this job
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Sonic Healthcare is one of the world’s leading providers of medical diagnostics, with a reputation for excellence in laboratory medicine / pathology, radiology and primary care medical services.
Headquartered in Sydney, Australia, Sonic is the 3rd largest pathology provider in the USA, and has grown to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers, with operations in Australasia, Europe and North America.
We are looking for an experienced Internal Audit Manager to join our growing global Business Assurance program, and manage activities in the United States.
The Internal Audit Manager will have responsibility for the US component of the Audit plan, including engaging closely with the US Senior Management team to determine key risk areas, formulate audit projects that adequately address identified risks, and coordinate / complete scheduled audit projects.
Based from our US Head Office in Austin Texas, the role will report to the Head of Business Assurance in Sydney, Australia. You will be a dynamic, resilient and adaptable ‘self-starter’, with the ability to build rapport with staff at all levels across the business, and consistently deliver work of a high quality.
This role offers a hybrid working arrangement and involves domestic travel of approximately 20% to attend locations across the USA.
- Through consultation with the Head of Business Assurance and local Senior Management, formulate the annual Audit Plan;
- Execute scheduled projects, including planning, risk assessment, fieldwork and reporting;
- Assist with risk based assessments of core financial processes including identification of process design and internal control weaknesses;
- Develop and refine audit work programs;
- Prepare formal audit reports for submission to local management and concise audit reports for submission US Senior Management and the Sonic Healthcare Audit Committee;
- Recommend commercially balanced, risk based solutions to issues identified;
- Present findings in a clear manner to Senior Management in both written and verbal formats;
- Conduct follow-up of agreed actions in a timely manner, and provide regular updates to the Head of Business Assurance;
- Maintain awareness of existing and emerging risks across the industry;
- Work with Business Assurance team members to build the functions ‘data-analytics’ capability; and
- Lead other special projects as requested.
Skills / Abilities:
- A motivated self-starter who is interested in guiding the on-going development of the US internal audit function;
- An individual who is technically competent, effectively balances multiple tasks, and meets deadlines in a growing department;
- An interest and ability to form strong working relationships with staff at all levels and to maintain awareness of current and emerging risks that the organisation is subject to;
- A demonstrated ability to critically assess the risks and controls within core financial and operational business processes;
- The ability to lead discussions around process and control improvements, championing a risk-based approach and encouraging a culture of continuous improvement;
- The ability to initiate and follow-up on internal control improvements whilst respecting the unique elements of individual business units;
- A collaborative approach to problem solving;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- The ability to display sound commercial judgment, professional courage, a positive attitude, and the ability to maintain professionalism and composure under pressure;
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, and a high degree of initiative;
- A high level of integrity, values, principles, and work ethic
Preferred Education and Experience Requirements:
- An accounting or finance degree with at least 5 years relevant internal audit or external audit experience, preferably including 2-3 years in a ‘big 4’ environment;
- Possess or are actively working towards an ACA or CPA qualification (CIA or CFE qualifications are advantageous);
- A working knowledge of IT General Controls, are a plus;
- Intermediate excel skills and proficiency in other Microsoft Office products (i.e. Word, PowerPoint); and
- Experience using data analytic software (i.e. ACL or IDEA), is advantageous but not essential.
Compensation package will be commensurate with qualifications and relevant experience
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Company:Sonic Healthcare USA, Inc
description updated 7/2023. Did not affect any candidates who have applied prior to this time.
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.