Indianapolis LHWS - Field Install Trainer
| Estimated Pay ||$21 per hour|
About this job
At Leaf Home, we are powered by people on a single mission to make homeownership easy. We’ve crafted a team of the very best to ensure we make a difference by winning every day. In addition to serving our customers, Leaf Home strives to build a welcoming and inclusive workplace. We are proud to be a certified Great Place to Work® as well as multi-year recipient of Top Workplaces recognition. From free medical benefits to people-focused committees like the Women’s Committee, Diversity & Inclusion Committee, and VetConnect, we are dedicated to making Leaf Home a workplace where you can win every day…Come grow your career with us!
- We Win – Being driven every day to win is who we are
- People Powered – Recognized as a top Ohio and US workplace by Great Place to Work®, Energage, and more
- Family Feel with Enterprise-level Resources – YOU are important to us, and we’ve built a culture you’ll love
- Support – Inclusion, sustainability, and reliability surround everything we do
- Personal Growth – Dedicated to providing resources and encouragement for employee growth
- Mobility – We have locations throughout the U.S. and Canada, and we’re not done growing
Position Summary: The Field Installation Trainer is responsible for training and improving the proficiency of subcontracting installation teams to build value and quality with customers through training and field engagement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train, coach and develop installation subcontractors both in the office and in the field
- Improve subcontractor retention rates through impactful training and engagement
- Ensure jobs are installed daily to improve location attainment and effectiveness
- Responsible for driving proficiency and efficiency amongst installation subcontractors
- Installation training subject matter expert; able to teach all aspects of installing Leaf Home products on all types of homes with all Leaf Home products
- Able to identify weaknesses of individuals and teams and create or co-create ad hoc training events to address weaknesses
- Works with the Installation Managers on individual performance, abilities, and capacities of the installers
- Partner with leadership on identifying systemic training gaps and propose solutions to address gap
- Must hold a valid driver's license
- Must be comfortable ascending and descending ladders of varying heights to perform services
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Experience and Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of successful experience in home construction, remodeling, and/or installation
- Track record of successfully training, coaching, onboarding subcontractors
- Strong customer service focus and ability to interact with customers
- Must have a reliable truck, van or SUV that can carry ladders
- Multi-height and adjustable ladders (28+ feet in height)
- Functioning tools to include drills, speed square, saw or grinder, etc.
- Ability to frequently be on ladders up to the 2nd story of a home
- Ability to juggle various work activities and shift their attention from one task to another to meet the demands of different stakeholders without “dropping the ball”
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy, team-oriented environment and have a “roll up your sleeves” and “win every day” mentality
- Holding oneself accountable and responsible and being self-driven in accomplishing goals
- Detail-oriented and can focus on the task at hand by finding the most efficient and effective pathway to completion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required for communicating with internal and external parties in a manner that is both articulate and professional
- Ability to logically connect ideas, scrutinize and evaluate arguments, find inconsistencies and errors in work, solve complex problems, and engage in reflection
- Ability to provide timely and empathetic help through in-person, phone, and email avenues that keeps co-worker and customer needs at the forefront of every interaction
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and/or Access)
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Prior experience in gutter and gutter protectoin system installation
- Prior skilled trades experience in plumbing, electric, and/or carpentry
- Prior experience in residential home improvement in areas such as walk-in tubs, one day baths, kitchen refacing, replacement windows, stairlifts, and/or water filtration systems
- Local travel required.
Overtime/Additional Hours Requirements:
- Additional Hours May Be Required (Exempt Positions)
- Normal Office Environment and Field Office/Manufacturing/Construction Environment
- Performs work outside in varying temperatures and climates.
- Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Are We Your Company?
Focused On Growth Leaf Home is dominating the home improvement industry as we continue to grow. We work hard and play harder. For us, we strive to be better than the best and we want you to join in our success! With offices across the U.S. and Canada, our team is diverse and strong. From marketing to sales, installation, and service, we have the best team, right along with the best home solutions. We are committed to our employees’ growth, which we demonstrate by:
- Innovating, Always: Leaf is focused on providing cutting edge solutions, both for employees and customers
- Partnering With Our Customers: Building strong and trusted relationships is at the core of everything we do
- Empowering Employees: Our brand begins and ends with our people, and we provide opportunities for growth and success in a supportive environment
- Supporting Our Communities: Home is where the heart is, and we in turn strive to give back to the communities that our customers and employees call home
What do we offer?
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Fully paid Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits after 30 days
- 401k savings plan with company match
- Paid parental leave and generous paid time off programs
- On campus fitness programs and meal delivery services
- Comprehensive health, wellbeing, and financial wellness programs and childcare benefits to support families
- Endless opportunity for growth and advancement. Just ask our current employees!
Other perks you need to know about:
- Employee assistance program – get 24/7 support in areas including legal, financial planning, and counseling.
- Employee discount marketplace – enjoy discounts on thousands of products, from cars to local attractions.
- Gym membership compensation – your insurance will help cover the cost of your gym membership!
- Groups like Vet Connect & the Women’s Committee to help you get involved and to provide resources for your success
Leaf Home Awards and Accolades: Leaf Home has been recognized as a top workplace by The Plain Dealer, is a multi-year recipient of Top Workplaces USA by Energage, and has been Certified™ by Great Place to Work®. A few of our brands have also earned accolades, including:
- LeafFilter and Leaf Home Safety Solutions have ranked on the annual Remodeling 550 list
- Leaf Home, LeafFilter, and Leaf Home Safety Solutions have been recognized on Qualified Remodeler magazine’s Top 500 list
- Leaf Home is a Smart Culture Awards honoree for its employee-focused culture
- Leaf Home is recognized as a growth leader on both the Inc. 5000 and Inc. 5000 Regionals: Midwest lists
For a full list of awards earned by our brands, please visit .
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Leaf Home is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an environment that embraces differences and fosters inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Statement Leaf Home will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, results of genetic testing, veteran status, or physical/mental disability (except where the disability prevents the individual from being able to perform the essential functions of the job and cannot be reasonably accommodated in full compliance with the law).
PandoLogic. Keywords: Remodeling Specialist, Location: Indianapolis, IN - 46259 , PL: 569149079