The job below is no longer available.
Distribution Clerk - Mailroom Clerk (C shift)
•30 days ago
About this job
Take Your Career to the Next Level at a Growing Global Industry Leader Driven by Strong Values
Enjoy Excellent Training, Career Opportunities, a Great Culture, Competitive Pay and Great BenefitsTechnical aptitude, attention to detail and the motivation to learn and grow professionally. If this describes you, consider aligning your career with Essilor. You will:
- Enjoy strong training -- including cross-training -- to help you build a successful career home.
- Showcase your potential to take on additional responsibilities and advance.
- Earn a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits in an upbeat, collaborative culture.
- Enjoy the stability and resources of a growing global organization -- our recent combination with Luxottica has made us the world's largest player in the eyewear industry.
Typically, you will pick product (optical frames, lenses and contact lenses), put them into boxes on a cart for shipping, and then replace inventory. A wrist scanner will let you know what to do and where to go next. You will work on several different teams as needed. Below is a sampling (but not comprehensive) of responsibilities on the different teams.
- Putting lenses in correct inventory locations and rotating stock Order selection will include:
- Picking orders for customers and branches
- Informing managers, supervisors or coordinators of stock-outs Shipping will include:
- Verifying orders and correcting discrepancies
- Boxing orders in correct containers or boxes with correct documentation and applying address labels
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- High mechanical aptitude.
- 1+ years of related work experience, such as in manufacturing; experience in lab settings is preferred but not required.
- The ability to meet measurable standards in a dynamic production environment.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
Receiving/put away will include:
To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Clerk opportunity, you will have:
Improving Lives By Improving Sight. Essilor of America, Inc. is the leading manufacturer of eyeglass lenses in the United States, employs more than 8,000 people and operates the largest and most comprehensive optical laboratory network in the US Essilor of America, Inc. is a subsidiary of Paris-based Essilor International. Essilor manufactures optical lenses under the Varilux, Crizal, Transitions, and other brands, and our products are worn by one billion people daily. Essilor has been on Forbes' list of the World's 100 Most Innovative Companies every year since 2010, and we ranked #62 out of 700 corporations awarded the title "Diversity Leader 2020" by the Financial Times.